Inflation and Product Prices

Kevin Haskins

• http://www.diycable.com
Inflation and Product Prices
« on: 30 May 2008, 07:15 pm »
I don't think it is any secret that prices are headed upward.    Specifically, Cardas is having a good 20% price hike across their entire product lineup starting June 15th.    If you want something, now is the time.

The items I carry that are most affected are those that come from overseas.   The weakened dollar has changed the equation for Hypex & DACT parts drastically.    The items I get made for me in China have had some price increase (13% due to currency, another 10% for commodity prices & fuel surcharges) but nothing drastic.    I expect to hold pricing fairly steady on subwoofers and loudspeakers.    The exception is the Kepler, which uses a Peerless HDS tweeter that has went up  by a good 35-40%.    Once my current inventory is dry, expect to see a $30 increase per speaker to reflect the new prices.

Overall, our vacation from inflation is over.   Nobody is exempt from this but I'm in a good position since the changes are not rippling through a supply chain.   I'll adjust prices as my cost changes, so as to avoid large and sudden price changes.   

Best,
Kevin Haskins
« Last Edit: 30 May 2008, 08:07 pm by Kevin Haskins »