RM40 Owners; what did you demo them against ?

Redbone

« Reply #40 on: 14 Nov 2003, 03:02 pm »
Yes, I know much better than to be pulling such juvenile antics.  Actually was quite a wake up call for me.  Like I say, 3 1/2 years of incident free driving on that car, just got away from me that time.  I am a little reluctant to start driving her again.  Think maybe I should get a Honda or something.  Might explain the new interest in Hi-Fi.

John Casler

« Reply #41 on: 14 Nov 2003, 03:11 pm »
Redbone,

Check with your local SCCA and see if they have any "Solo II" racing.  Many times you get to race at unused Airports and local tracks, against other cars in your car's class.

You race against a clock, on a closed course and only one car at a time, so you don't have to worry about some clown running into you.

And the courses are very safe since they don't want uneeded liability.

Local Car Clubs might also do similar.  Just remember to "over pump" your tires.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #42 on: 14 Nov 2003, 03:50 pm »
redbone, ya really *should* try a fatt (friday at the track) at summit point.  never did it in the pantera, but my heavily modded alfa gtv6 is a blast out there.  the pantera needs serious $u$pen$ion work to put in in the same handling league as my worked-over alfa.  i wish i had more $$$ for more track days - they *are* a blast.

john, w/the way that motor was done up, 440hp sound a tad lite, imo.  i have all the parts needed for a 2nd motor, except port plates; it will run on street hi-test, & it will make 460-475hp...  but, fambly expenses, a hit in the stock market, and longing for super-speaker means the parts still sit on shelves.  the pantera itself may have to go away - only upside is, if it does, then i will definitely be enjoying super-speakers!   :wink:

doug s.

John Casler

« Reply #43 on: 14 Nov 2003, 04:08 pm »
Quote from: doug s.
john, w/the way that motor was done up, 440hp sound a tad lite, imo.  i have all the parts needed for a 2nd motor, except port plates; it will run on street hi-test, & it will m ...

Yer right about the HP estimate, but I like to "underestimate".

I'll never forget driving home from Grattan Raceway (in Michigan) which is a 2.2 mile road course with a 1/4 mile drag stip built in to the straightaway.

When I arrive they were taking "Sundance" a 700 (claimed) HP race prepared Corvette off the trailer.

I won't say I smoked the vette, but my 12:66 was faster through the traps.

And I had to either go to a special station here in SantaMonica Cyn to get 102 octane (leaded) fuel (@ $4.98 a gallon!!!!)

This is a very cool station by the way, it looks like it came out of the late 50s and there are always "loads" of older vetts, stangs, ferrarris, Massers, etc there.

But alas, the Ex pulled the plug.  First the Bentley and then the Pant.

(The Bentley was a Cream 53 R-Type w/Wine hides)