vibrapods / vibrapod cones

snoogly

vibrapods / vibrapod cones
« on: 21 May 2008, 08:40 am »
Is anyone using them with their ciaudio equipment? Benefits? Fit? (considering small size of most ciaudio models)

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: vibrapods / vibrapod cones
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2008, 09:45 am »
Except for the monoblocks, CIA stuff is too light to benefit IMO (unless you weight them down).  I've never seen any benefit from isolation products, but then I don't do vinyl, tubes, or many excessive spls.  Note that my current audio and HT systems are located on top of concrete slabs on grade.

kkc

« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2008, 07:18 pm »
Just use some kitchen cork pads..... cheap and cheerful.  And if you really want to reduce vibrations - take two cork mats and make a sili-sandwich with some silicone (the rubbery kind of sealant used in bath rooms) filling in between.  Apply the silicone in relativey few but thick, yummy, juicy long strips criss-crossed and not as though you are spreading soft cheese on a slice of bread.  If you really want to heat things up sprinkle a bit of chilli powder...!  You'll be better of spending the saved money on better cables.   The only devices that really need isolation are the speakers to reduce coupling to the floor or mechanical transports - record and CD players.  For speakers I use half cut rubber balls - the bouncy ones that kids play with and for components I use half cut squash balls.

Excuse the puns.... its late ....!!

Good luck.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2008, 10:01 am »
CIA stuff is solidly built, no tubes, and put into reasonable heavy metal cabinets.  So I see no particular reason why isolation should be needed for Dusty's products. 

If you still want to add isolation, look for products that taylor to specific weights.  Spike if your equipment is on a solid floor (preferred), float if not.  Recommend adding weight to lower the overall resonant frequency and raise the energy levels needed to start resonance.  And for the sake of equipment resonance and more importantly your ears, turn that damn music down!   :)