• http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Another satisfied 30.2 owner
« Reply #20 on: 2 Jun 2008, 01:31 pm »

Thanks for all your posts, guys!  :)

Vinnie

Canyoneagle

« Reply #21 on: 17 Jun 2008, 09:12 pm »
I've had the privelidge of living with my modded Sig 30 (30.2 sonic upgrades) for a few months now, and thought I'd post an update.

This amp is incredible.  I guess that sums it up.  See ya!

No, just kidding.
I've not heard my music as I've heard it through the combination of the Sig 30/30.2 and the Omega Maxhemps.  I've literally been brought to tears at times from the absolute purity of this combination with good music (that is well-recorded).

The resolution of this amplifier (with these speakers) is stunning.  The pauses between notes are FELT, not just heard.  The tonality of voices and instruments is astoundingly 'REAL'.

There is definitely synergy with the current setup.
I am inspired to explore the other synergies that may exist.  I'm curious how this amp would drive the Odyssey Lorelei's (a completely different style of speaker, but one which intrigues me), or what about the Audiokinesis Jazz Module?  As it happens, Duke is not far from me, and we have a quickly forming group of Northern Utah AC'ers, and Duke has offered to come down to join us.
I've also discovered that Zu is no more than an hour north of here (and many other high-end players like Wilson, Red Dragon, Emerald Physics,........) so hopefully, I will have the opportunity to plug the siggie into some of the 'local' offerings and I will be sure to post my findings.

Thanks, once again, Vinnie.

Warmly,
Michael
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2008, 01:20 pm by Canyoneagle »

kbuzz3

« Reply #22 on: 18 Jun 2008, 12:50 am »
ive had my upgraded sig 30>30.2 running for almost 20 minutes.  Mr. rossi did the upgrade it record time...too early to post any thoughts but im glad its back

el dub

« Reply #23 on: 18 Jun 2008, 12:57 pm »
I'm guessing we're about 75 hours or so into the break-in process with our 30.2. Unfortunately, I don't have too good a grip on how its going. I busted an anti-ic early on and have had to rely on an inferior ic while repairs are being made. Anyway, things got a little muddy at about the 25 hour mark but that seems to have cleared up. Bass is more controlled now.

I made the mistake of purchasing a live Jerry Garcia show last week and previewing it right away. The show was way boomy and I figured a poor recording was to blame. But I put on the show yesterday and was amazed how tight the bass had become.

lw

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #24 on: 19 Jun 2008, 01:13 pm »
Hi Canyoneagle,

Thanks for the follow-up impressions! 

so hopefully, I will have the opportunity to plug the siggie into some of the 'local' offerings and I will be sure to post my findings.

Glad you are enjoying your 30.2 and thanks for keeping us posted with other speakers you have the opportunity to try.

Hi kbuzz3,

Glad it made it back to you safely.

Hi el dub,

Did you get back your good ICs?  A good pair of ICs (and speaker cables) making a tight, clean connection can make all the difference!

Best regards,

Vinnie

el dub

« Reply #25 on: 19 Jun 2008, 07:12 pm »
LOL Nope. But I'm guessing even the el-cheapo pair had some breaking in to do.  :icon_lol:

I need some more cable and another ic or two, so I'd better get on the horn with Speltz today. Maybe he can get everything out together.

It appeared I was getting about six hours of music before the 30.2 shuts down. But fortunately, it had consistently happened right when I wanted to turn the tv on and stereo off, so no big deal.....

But as I was typing this, I got another idea and had to check it out. Now its official: Using the remote for our Samsung flat screen turns off the rwa 30.2. No kidding.

lw

onemug

« Reply #26 on: 20 Jun 2008, 01:23 am »
"It appeared I was getting about six hours of music before the 30.2 shuts down."

When I was breaking mine in, I was consistantly getting 14-17 hrs on it without it shutting down. Love the smart module. Takes the worry out of hurting the battery. Like Vinnie says on his website, length of time depends on load and volume. The speaker I was using was 8 ohm and I played it at natural levels. This is a great example of YMMV. (your milage may vary)

el dub

« Reply #27 on: 20 Jun 2008, 12:47 pm »
I have no idea how long my batteries last. I shut the unit down for ten or fifteen minutes every few hours when opportunity allows. And the batteries have always been recharged when its time to spin another disc.

The few occasions that I thought the smart module had shut down the unit after five or six hours were actually caused by my samsung remote control while turning on the TV.  :o

lw

schw06

« Reply #28 on: 19 Dec 2008, 06:49 pm »
You can add me to the list of ear to ear grinning RWA 30.2 owners. This is truly a special piece of equipment that any audiophile with even moderately sensitive speakers must put on the very short list of amplifiers to buy. Although Vinnie sells his amps direct, I am in Atlanta and willing to allow anyone interested in the 30.2 a chance to listen in my home. Thank you for the fantastic integrated and A++ customer service!
David

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #29 on: 24 Dec 2008, 04:18 am »
You can add me to the list of ear to ear grinning RWA 30.2 owners. This is truly a special piece of equipment that any audiophile with even moderately sensitive speakers must put on the very short list of amplifiers to buy. Although Vinnie sells his amps direct, I am in Atlanta and willing to allow anyone interested in the 30.2 a chance to listen in my home. Thank you for the fantastic integrated and A++ customer service!
David

Hi David,

Welcome aboard!  8)

Your offer to allow people to listen in your home is very generous and much appreicated!

Happy listening,

Vinnie

glory

« Reply #30 on: 4 Apr 2009, 12:02 pm »
I now have the 30.2 in my system (Zu Presence, Dodd pre ,JPS Aluminata, Lector T3, Sitrum SP-101) for a 30 day trail period. 

I have an Audio Note P3 Silver 300B amp that the 30.2 is running up against.  So far so good as the 30.2 has really take me back on how good it sounds next to the 300B amp.  This will be a hard decision on my part if I decide to go away from the 300B amp. The bottom end with the 300B is no match with the 30.2. Vocals with the 300B have more presence and realism to it but I was prepared for that going in.

Running the 30.2 with my ASR Exclusive battery Phono is a real treat for the ears.

I will keep everyone posted on my listening times with the 30.2.

Regards,
Gary

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #31 on: 6 Apr 2009, 03:43 pm »
I now have the 30.2 in my system (Zu Presence, Dodd pre ,JPS Aluminata, Lector T3, Sitrum SP-101) for a 30 day trail period. 

I have an Audio Note P3 Silver 300B amp that the 30.2 is running up against.  So far so good as the 30.2 has really take me back on how good it sounds next to the 300B amp.  This will be a hard decision on my part if I decide to go away from the 300B amp. The bottom end with the 300B is no match with the 30.2. Vocals with the 300B have more presence and realism to it but I was prepared for that going in.

Running the 30.2 with my ASR Exclusive battery Phono is a real treat for the ears.

I will keep everyone posted on my listening times with the 30.2.

Regards,
Gary

Hi Gary,

Welcome to Audiocircle and the RWA forum!

Thank you for keeping us posted.  Also, at some point you might want to try playing with different tubes in
your preamp to see how the vocals change. 

Sounds like you are enjoying music off the grid with your battery components!  8)

All the best,

Vinnie