VSAC 2008

Kevin Haskins

VSAC 2008
« on: 10 May 2008, 01:56 am »
VSAC is approaching quickly and I'm once again hurrying to get everything put together for our room.   I'll be sharing a room with Dan Wright of ModWright, and Colleen Cardas of Cardas Audio.   

The following is a general equipment list I plan on bringing to the event.

**  Exodus Prototype High Efficiency Loudspeaker:   Top section is high efficiency midrange & tweeter driven by a pair of Bottlehead 300Bs.    Bottom section uses a pair of EX-6.5s powered by a solid state amp. 

**  Well Tempered Lab Amadeus production version.   Yes.... there is a good chance we will FINALLY have the production version of Bill's famous turntable, golf ball still in use. 

**  Exodus Audio Woofer Widget demonstration.    I don't know if it will be the full-blown final version but we should have a functioning display of the Exodus PC based room measurement and equalization tool.

**  I'll bring some passive samples of the Shiva, Tempest & DPL-10 subwoofers.     I'd bring a Maelstrom-X & DPL-15 but it doesn't look like they will land in time.   They are due to arrive the week after the show.

That is it.... I'm trying to keep things simple.   Dan will be in control of all the upstream electronics and Colleen and I will offer show specials on the entire Cardas lineup.    If you are looking for a Cardas cable the show will definitely be a great opportunity to pick one up.

I'm looking forward to a fun weekend!

Carl V

Re: VSAC 2008
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2008, 02:13 am »
Sounds good....but color me puzzeled
How about your new Monitor speakers: Kepler & Tycho Brahe??

I'll see you there.

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2008, 02:21 am »

I'll see you there.

I'll bring a pair of Kepler's but since it is primarily a low-powered tube amp event I thought a high efficiency design would be a better fit. 

Carl V

« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2008, 07:45 pm »

I'll see you there.

I'll bring a pair of Kepler's but since it is primarily a low-powered tube amp event I thought a high efficiency design would be a better fit. 

Hmmmm, what ever happened to the new Class D amps powerd with 300B....driver tubes
i assume??? 8)

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2008, 09:24 pm »

Hmmmm, what ever happened to the new Class D amps powerd with 300B....driver tubes
i assume??? 8)

Would I do that?   :-)

I'm serious though..... I need a pair of speakers to go with my 300Bs anyway.