Feedback on bringing back one of our older products

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Greetings AC members,
 Several years back we were offering a modified version of the ASL SPM-40 mono bloc amplifiers as can be seen in the system below. This was a very popular product for us at the time offering 40 watts pentode and 20 watts triode utilizing 4x EL34 tubes per channel. We have been receiving inquires about bringing this product back to market. The new version would be an enhanced version of what we were offering years ago.

I would like to get some non-biased thoughts from AC members on this product. I am not looking for interested parties (although they are always welcome) rather general thoughts. Price points have not yet been established.

Thanks in advance to those who take the time to post your thoughts.

mcgsxr

Re: Feedback on bringing back one of our older products
« Reply #1 on: 7 May 2008, 05:48 pm »
Bill, I am not sure what kind of responses you are seeking.

Are you asking folks to comment on whether or not the proposed amplifier represents an interesting configuration?

Could you remind us what those ones cost at the time?  A portion of my opinion about it might relate to that!

Thanks,

Mark

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Re: Feedback on bringing back one of our older products
« Reply #2 on: 7 May 2008, 05:58 pm »
Hello Mark,
 What I am seeking is the general opinion from the "consumer market" about introducing a new mono bloc tube product in the $3K-$3.5K range in such an unsteady, unpredictable market. The Bella 40 originally sold for about $2500-$2800 pr and did very well but obviously we will not be able to maintain that cost due to the current state of the economy. I want to try and stay under the $3,500 mark.

I will have to start fresh with R&D this time around but am confident I can come close to the target price point mentioned above.