For Sale: AR-XA turntable. Probably the best one you'll ever find.

Wayner

I may regret this, but I've decided to clean house. Up for grabs is my top of the 3 AR-XA turntable.
This table started life as the 2 motor version but was upgraded to the single Hurst motor (less than 50 hours on it). The motor capacitor is new, the switch capacitor is new. The belt is new. It has been loaded with platiclay in all of the important places.

Here is what you get.
1. Turntable with original interconnects, power cord.
2. Walnut base in great condition, oiled.
3. Original paint top plinth.
4. Original tone arm (no wire wear). New wire grommet at wire/plinth entry.
5. New turntable mat (matches close to original thickness).
6. Original shipping carton (a must to get this thing to your house in one piece).
7. Original VTF balance beam scale with most if not all the weights (you can sell this on ebay for about $40).
8. Original stylus alignment gauge (highly sot after, also).
9. One big happy smiley face when you hear an LP on this thing for the first time.
10. Extra belt.
11. Copy of owners manual.

This table has survived the test of time

With dust cover

Motor pulley.

Here is the painful part. I must have $350 + shipping.

Paypal is the only way to pay.

PM me if you are interested.

Wayner  :D

Wayner

bump

Russell Dawkins

One of my favorite turntables - the first really good one I owned. To me at the time it was a big bonus that it looked so elegant.

dB Cooper

I remember the AR booths at the hifi shows, where the reps would be banging on the top decks with rubber mallets.... usually not far from the Dual booth where their turntable was hanging upside down, bouncing on springs.
Those were the days.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane, wayner. You aren't tossing in a lava lamp and/or an 18" bong with the TT, are ya?  :roll:

Wayner

I can dig up some Pink Floyd and Hendrix posters if we need too!

I'd lite up some incense too, but the wife would wonder if I was 20 again. We just don't want to go there....

This table may very well beat some of the mega buck plastic tables.

Wayner  aa

jmpiwonka

whew, nice lookin' table there.

Russell Dawkins

My first "real" system was this turntable with a Shure M91ED, a Dynaco SCA 35 and a pair of AR 4AXs (1971).

Wayner

This was my first table also (not this exact one). I still love it but I'm just tired of it.

Wayner :D

Wayner

bump