Cloverfield

David Ellis

• http://www.ellisaudio.com
Re: Cloverfield
« Reply #20 on: 24 May 2008, 09:57 pm »
I would have rather spent two hours flossing my teeth or waxing my lawnmower. 

Ditto!

Dave

ajzepp

« Reply #21 on: 24 May 2008, 10:24 pm »
I'm not sure what I found more nauseating - the jumpy camera, the pointless plot or the annoying characters.
My opinion: a total waste of time for anyone who had the patience to sit through the whole thing without hitting the FF button.

If you went to a monster movie expecting a plot, then you deserve to be disappointed  :wink:

This whole film was about a visceral, "what the fug is going on" experience. For what it was trying to do, I feel it succeeded.

PhilNYC

« Reply #22 on: 25 May 2008, 01:22 am »

This whole film was about a visceral, "what the fug is going on" experience. For what it was trying to do, I feel it succeeded.

I agree with this.  Had it been a movie with a fairly standard structure and plot, I would have been disappointed... it was supposed to be a view into what it would have really been like to be in the midst of a monster attack in New York.  I just wish I didn't get so physically sick watching it...

BobC

« Reply #23 on: 25 May 2008, 01:25 am »
Yeah, saw it on the plane today.  I think it did a good job meeting it's intent, that thats the 1st person view.  Not the greatest movie but was kind of interesting....plus it was free so cant complain.  The most annoying part was the character carrying the camera around and saying stupid stuff.  If I was being chased by monsters I'd have dropped that camera and run like hell.

ajzepp

« Reply #24 on: 25 May 2008, 01:32 am »

I agree with this.  Had it been a movie with a fairly standard structure and plot, I would have been disappointed... it was supposed to be a view into what it would have really been like to be in the midst of a monster attack in New York.  I just wish I didn't get so physically sick watching it...

lol, yeah, I imagine it wouldn't be the most enjoyable movie-going experience if you're feeling like you need to hurl after the first twenty  minutes  :lol: