EDIT: Nov 4 2009
As the new facilitator/moderator of the forum, I'd like to start off with a "photo sticky" of our Home Theater rooms.
It's time to show off your "man cave".
Not necessarily close ups of the amps and speakers, we've all seen those. I'm talking about the entire front wall, side walls, rear walls. The angles we don't normally see.
A huge inventoried write up of your equipment
is not necessary, just a short caption under each photo of what's shown.
Maybe a comment or two of things we may not notice at first glance.
EDIT: Yea....It is necessary. Go ahead and tell us about all your toys. aa
- This is a couple month old photo, but the "yardsale" like appearance of drivers has recently dwindled considerably due to the addition of infinite baffle.
- The screen is a 16:9 140" diagonal I built a few years ago. It's hinged at the top to access a storage area behind. Total width is 10' side to side.
- This is closer to what it looks like today. Shown are the two front mains, dual subs, and center channel. All 15" HawthorneAudio drivers. Under the screen are four more H.A. drivers in (almost) infinite baffle (I.B.)
- To the left of the photograph behind the DIY smoked glass door is the equipment rack. Wasn't the focus of the photo when I snapped it so it's hard to see in there, but the glowing LED's that can be seen starting from the top is the DirecTv Tivo receiver, Harman Kardon receiver (the 'hub' of the room), and Jolida tube amp glowing towards the bottom.
- "White Lightning Cables" are not in the photo, but are a recent edition.
- CD, DVD, and LP storage in the cabinets under and to the sides of the screen.
An accidental photograph, but I think it looks cool. The blue glow is caused from the "blue screen of nothing" when no content is being fed to the projector.
- Berkline microfiber reclining HT seating. Very nice
- Sanyo PLV-Z2 780p/1080i projector. Wonderful machine (no dust blobs. ever.)
- 10" H.A. Coaxials for rear surrounds have since received new clothes, but still provide rear content.
- My Dell PC centered between and behind the seating provide a nice audible and visual second row experience when I'm online chatting with you folks, or playing with EAC/FLAC, SlimServer stuff.
That's all the photos I have right now.