MiniMax IC recommendations

nature boy

« on: 13 Oct 2003, 05:03 pm »
I heard the MiniMax preamplifier coupled with a pair of Quicksilver Mono 100 amps (KT-90 tubes) driving Vandersteen 2CE signature speakers this past Friday.  Wow, I am totally impressed with this little preamp and planning a purchase shortly.

Iam looking for recommendations on relatively low priced, low capacitance interconnects for the Eastern Electric MiniMax preamplifier.  I have a 4M run from preamp to amp and the MiniMax has a relatively high output impedance.

The Goetz sapphire I listened to sounded great, but these are pretty pricey for long runs.  Any suggestions from Bill and Company or fellow AC members would be welcome.

NB

8thnerve

« Reply #1 on: 13 Oct 2003, 06:33 pm »
I like the Audience Conductor IC for a budget minded application.  I have not yet found its equal anywhere near its price.

Hantra

« Reply #2 on: 13 Oct 2003, 06:54 pm »
Quote from: 8thnerve
I like the Audience Conductor IC for a budget minded application.  I have not yet found its equal anywhere near its price.

I'll second, third that, and move for a vote!  ;-)

I found the Conductor to be startlingly close to the AU24 in every way.  Except price.  AU24 is a little better if you have to have the very best, and have the money to burn.  But I have listened to the same system back to back with AU24 and with Conductor, and there might be 5% difference.

B

WilliamL

Conductor...
« Reply #3 on: 13 Oct 2003, 11:58 pm »
I found the Conductor to be one of the best interconnects I have listened to. It made a huge improvement in my CD to headphone amp setup. For the price, I can't imagine anything better. (If there is such a thing, be assured that Nathan will find it though. :wink: )

Cheers,
Bill

nature boy

« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2003, 12:35 am »
Thanks a bunch AC dudes, I haven't had much time to consider my interconnect choices with the MiniMax.  The Goertz sapphires sounded oh so nice but at a 4m run lists for $940 plus terminations - ouch.

NB