Next T.A.A.S Meet

markC

Next T.A.A.S Meet
« on: 3 Apr 2008, 08:44 pm »
Thinking of holding one last meet before summer takes over most most of our audio interests. End of April or early May. I'll nail down the date in the next week or so.
Looking for some ideas for things you would like to see/hear. I, for one, would like to check out some DIY stuff that folks have built and/or modified themselves.
The meet will be held at Tony & Phillis' home again. Please respond with your ideas and let me know if you can make it.

Mark

Pneumonic

Re: Next T.A.A.S Meet
« Reply #1 on: 6 Apr 2008, 07:36 pm »
Hi, Mark.

Conflict of schedules didn't allow me to attend the last get together but I'd like to attend this one if scheduling allows for it.

If doable I think a theme focusing on the unique, unusual, esoteric and different would be kinda cool. The kinda stuff that isn't seen much in most of our audio circles but that many of us may have heard about.

Much of the DIY stuff would certainly fit this bill as would some of the lessor known products floating out there nowadays. 

-Kerry

markC

« Reply #2 on: 7 Apr 2008, 02:27 am »
Yea, that's what we're looking for-different stuff than your "off the shelf". Old  tube amps or DIY speaks; that sort of theme???
I know that we're drawing from a relatively small pool, so input is greatly appreciated.
Likely date will be May 3. I will confirm this in the next few days.
Perhaps a BBQ would be in order. aa

Pneumonic

« Reply #3 on: 9 Apr 2008, 09:36 pm »
Yea, that's what we're looking for-different stuff than your "off the shelf". Old  tube amps or DIY speaks; that sort of theme???
I know that we're drawing from a relatively small pool, so input is greatly appreciated.
Likely date will be May 3. I will confirm this in the next few days.
Perhaps a BBQ would be in order. aa

Mark, if the smallish draw pool means components are in short supply, I could offer up for consideration my Aussie designed REDGUM RGi120 int amp. Though it's not old, nor a tube design or a DIY project, it is unique and quite rare around these parts.  It's also a stunning performer. 

-Kerry

markC

« Reply #4 on: 10 Apr 2008, 02:14 am »
Sure, bring it on. I'll talk to Tony by the end of the week and finalize the date. Guess I should email a few people in case they are not active on AC.

markC

« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2008, 03:26 pm »
Date is confirmed for May 3rd @ 12:00 noon or thereabouts. If you need the address/directions, PM me and I'll get it to you. See you at the meet!

lo_tse

« Reply #6 on: 13 Apr 2008, 02:38 pm »
Mark,

Glad to hear that another TAAS meet is coming up.  I really enjoyed the last gethering (also at Tony's house).  I am also planning on attending this one coming up. Unfortunate, I lost Tony's address and phone #.  Would you be  so kind as to send me these details?  Thanks!  See you there. 

Regards,

Allan

wafermadness

« Reply #7 on: 19 Apr 2008, 05:47 am »
Hello Fellow Music Listeners, :D

If a pair of isobarik push/pull tweaters seems unique, we can give them a listen. I am breaking a pair in now. How about a "naked" Rockna non-oversampling DAC mounted on maple (like the Altman)? What about some Teo Audio Liquid Cables?

See you there !  :drool:

Take Care
Igor

KBK

• Teo Audio
« Reply #8 on: 19 Apr 2008, 04:38 pm »
I was always interested in that dual tweeter design. I can see some benefits to it, I can see some potential issues. I had/have a 'solve' for the issues, those potential issues that I'm not sure exist,as I haven't heard the dang things yet. But if they rear their head, I have the cure!  :? :wink:

Just gotta get around to it, like everything else....

wafermadness

« Reply #9 on: 20 Apr 2008, 03:00 pm »
KBK

Does that mean you will be at the meeting to listen to,and "then" give your valued opinion?

Best Regards

Igor

markC

« Reply #10 on: 21 Apr 2008, 02:42 am »
Yea KBK, you've ducked out b4 because of weather, so this time- no excuses. :lol: