FS: Dynaudio Geminis

blizzard

FS: Dynaudio Geminis
« on: 28 Mar 2008, 09:50 am »
For Sale: Dynaudio Gemini Speakers

Super fantastic speakers.  These are MTM's featuring two Dynaudio Esotec 15W-75's and a Dynaudio Esotec D260 tweeter on each side.  They also feature an elaborate first order crossover design.  The cabinets are in oak.  And for dampening material, Black Hole 5 was used.
  The combination of this driver compliment, this crossover, and these cabinets resulted in a very special design:  
  --The most impressive has always been the bass.  For speakers of this size,  the bass is remarkable.  The most frequent first impression comment on these was almost always: "That bass is coming from those speakers?"
  -- The D260 tweeter delivers crystal cear highs.  It's a real nice match to the 15W-75 woofers.
  -- The spatial imaging is unreal.  I assume this is a function of the first order crossover and the geometry of the driver set.  But whatever it is, it produces a very three dimensional sound.  When stereo is done right -- like this -- it can be pretty spooky.
  -- Finally, the cabinets are very well made.  They are thick, heavy, and solidly braced.

I have pics below.
  I am the original owner.  I bought these just before Dynaudio stopped offering drivers to ther public.  So, these speakers are as new as you will probably find.  Even though they are not offered anymore, the 15W-75's can be rebuilt if ever needed.  But, they use butyl rubber surrounds.  So, they have a very long life.  And these drivers are pristine.  They have been used very conservatively.  Their condition is very good.  There is a small blemish on each cabinet near their respective bases that you have to look very hard to see.  The last 2 pics show these.  Like I said, they are hardly noticable.  I'm mentioning so that there are no surprises.
  I have the original boxes.  They will ship in their own seperate boxes.  These guys are relatively heavy.

$749 plus shipping, insurance, and PayPal fees (if applicable).

Thanks for looking,
        Steve

« Last Edit: 28 Mar 2008, 10:55 am by blizzard »

blizzard

Re: FS: Dynaudio Geminis
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2008, 01:37 pm »
sale pending
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2008, 10:30 pm by blizzard »

blizzard

Re: FS: Dynaudio Geminis
« Reply #2 on: 21 Apr 2008, 10:30 pm »
bump -- still available