Squeezebox Duet now in stock!

CIAudio

Squeezebox Duet now in stock!
« on: 28 Mar 2008, 01:14 am »
We now have Duet and Squeezebox in stock.
« Last Edit: 28 Mar 2008, 04:15 am by CIAudio »

TomW16

Re: Squeezebox Duets now in stock!
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2008, 02:06 am »
My apologies for the dumb question but are the squeezebox and duet the same just with different user interfaces?

I would eventually like to get into the computer audio realm.

Thanks.

Tom

CIAudio

Re: Squeezebox Duet now in stock!
« Reply #2 on: 28 Mar 2008, 03:26 pm »
My apologies for the dumb question but are the squeezebox and duet the same just with different user interfaces?

I would eventually like to get into the computer audio realm.

They are not the same, but very similar. Call us when you're ready and we can help you decide which suites your needs best.

Doublej

« Reply #3 on: 28 Mar 2008, 05:24 pm »
I think the main difference is that the Duet itself has no display on the unit while the Squeezebox has a text display. The Duet remote has a built in LCD which can display album covers and images. The Squeezebox remote has no display.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #4 on: 29 Mar 2008, 10:25 am »
Duet is the next generation Squeeze Box. 

Getting the display out of the "receiver" eliminates concerns about being able to see it from across the room and should help reduce any noise related concerns.  Also helps free modders to replace the shell where size/layout constraints were an issue.

The receiver uses next generation chips and is about the size of two hockey pucks side by side.  Display can now display album artwork.  Price up to $400 MSRP.  Bolder has just received two, one to keep as a baseline and the other to start modding experiments with.  Power requirements up a bit, ergo Dusty's new offering of a Duet power supply.  Exciting stuff.