Exodus Monoblocks slaying some Big Dogs

Kevin Haskins

Exodus Monoblocks slaying some Big Dogs
« on: 14 Mar 2008, 05:52 pm »
I just had a conversation with a customer/dealer who bought a pair of UcD700AD monoblocks from me.    They went into a mega-buck system upwards of $300,000 replacing a pair of $30,000 monoblocks.     He isn't missing them even though his pair of Exodus amps where 1/10th the price.   :green:

« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2008, 09:54 pm by Kevin Haskins »

DeanSheen

Re: Exodus Monoblocks slaying some Big Dogs
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2008, 06:06 pm »
Nice.  Thats an impressive testimonial.

jr1414

« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2008, 09:16 pm »
WOW!  If that isn't come positive feedback, I don't know what is!

Philistine

« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2008, 10:52 pm »
That's a great recommendation Kevin.
Do the 700 monoblocks that you put together have a different sonic signature to the 180's and 400's?   

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #4 on: 14 Mar 2008, 11:36 pm »
That's a great recommendation Kevin.
Do the 700 monoblocks that you put together have a different sonic signature to the 180's and 400's?   

As a general rule of thumb, yes.    Like all generalizations though it falls apart in circumstances where the extra power provides some benefit  and that isn't always as obvious as it seems it should be. 

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #5 on: 17 Mar 2008, 01:07 pm »
I'm going to do a speaker design to replace his ugly speakers too.   I bet he paid a lot of money for those monstrosities. 

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #6 on: 17 Mar 2008, 03:24 pm »
I'm going to do a speaker design to replace his ugly speakers too.   I bet he paid a lot of money for those monstrosities. 

I don't know about sound of those speakers, but they certainly are fugly :lol:

ED

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #7 on: 17 Mar 2008, 03:28 pm »

I don't know about sound of those speakers, but they certainly are fugly :lol:

ED

I'm joking a little.   They look like Wilson's and at $42,000/pr they better sound like a live band.    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I agree... they wouldn't pass the wife test for me. 

« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2008, 03:39 pm by Kevin Haskins »

doorman

« Reply #8 on: 17 Mar 2008, 03:55 pm »
Maybe throw a pair of 'em in the trunk if your comming up to Dave's this summer!?! (there could be a few fe126/127's in a smoking heap!) :icon_lol:
                                                                                     Don

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #9 on: 17 Mar 2008, 04:09 pm »
Maybe throw a pair of 'em in the trunk if your comming up to Dave's this summer!?! (there could be a few fe126/127's in a smoking heap!) :icon_lol:
                                                                                     Don

You want the ugly speakers or the amps Don?    :)

I'm not bringing a thing across the border.   Al Wooley and I are going to bring our Scooters and drag race in downtown Victoria.    I don't think I'd have room for the ugly speakers under the seat. 

doorman

« Reply #10 on: 17 Mar 2008, 04:18 pm »
I was thinking, the amps lashed to the scooter seats would really draw some attention! :lol:
                                                                                Don

Steven Kephart

• http://www.adireaudio.com
« Reply #11 on: 18 Mar 2008, 07:10 am »

I'm joking a little.   They look like Wilson's and at $42,000/pr they better sound like a live band.    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I agree... they wouldn't pass the wife test for me. 

Chris Brunhaver and I took a drive one day out to a stereo store and auditioned the Wilson Audio Wattpuppies.  They definitely do sound good.  But then I think the Kit LCR's sounded just as good.  I will say the Wilsons had much better low frequency extention that sounded amazingly clear.  But then they use a 12" sub in each tower instead of a pair of 7" midbasses.  Put a Tempest X along with those LCR's and you have the same capabilities at 1/40 the price.  Plus your speakers don't have to look like a robot.