Re: What pre-amp (if any) are you using with your Sig 30.2? (regarding Omega DeepHemp

David C.

Here is what I recommend, in this order:

1) Speaker upgrade

2) Signature 30.2 with built-in volume attenuator (sell your Clari-T), and keep your Monica 2 as the dac for now.

3) Later on, add an Isabella with built-in dac and sell the Monica 2.

You can also switch the order of 2 and 3 above (as long as your speakers can be driven well with the 6-watt per channel Clari-T).

Please keep us posted!

Update: before I got around to buying a subwoofer, the "Special Deals" section appeared on the forum and Vinnie offered me a fantastic deal :drool: (Thanks Vinnie!) on a Sig 30 integrated amp with partial 30.2 upgrade, and a demo pair of WLM La Scala monitors. So I'm doing steps 1) and 2) simultaneously. Everything is still in transit; I'll post my impressions once it arrives.

David

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Hi David,

Wow - I remember this thread (over a year old!)  :green:

Hopefully your 30.2 and WLM La Scala Monitors will cross the border arrive soon!  This is sweet combo and I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions when you get a chance to listen!  8)

Yes, you now have 1 & 2 taken care of very nicely.  When it comes time for number 3, please let me know.  The Isabellina dac will take everything to the next level, and if you have no plans on using USB (using a computer as a transport), I have a few Isabellina dacs w/o the USB option at a very discounted price...

Happy listening, and thanks for keeping us posted!

Vinnie

David C.

Yes, you now have 1 & 2 taken care of very nicely.  When it comes time for number 3, please let me know.  The Isabellina dac will take everything to the next level, and if you have no plans on using USB (using a computer as a transport), I have a few Isabellina dacs w/o the USB option at a very discounted price...

Update: the time is now, and the price is right! I've ordered one of the non-USB Isabellinas. :banana piano:

The Sig 30.2 and the La Scala monitors have arrived, and sounded terrific right out of the box. At around the 100 hour mark, they're starting to sound even better :o. I'm going to hold off commenting further until the system has settled down.

David

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor

Update: the time is now, and the price is right! I've ordered one of the non-USB Isabellinas. :banana piano:

The Sig 30.2 and the La Scala monitors have arrived, and sounded terrific right out of the box. At around the 100 hour mark, they're starting to sound even better :o. I'm going to hold off commenting further until the system has settled down.

David

Hi David,

Glad to hear you are enjoying your 30.2 + La Scala Monitors.  :thumb:

Your Isabellina dac will ship this week and I'll email you to confirm.  This will be the icing on the cake, and I look forward to your impressions of the Isabellina + 30.2 + La Scala Monitors.  That combo is going to be hard to beat, and I know it will bring a smile to your face every time you fire it up!  :drool: :drool: :drool:

Thanks for your post, and enjoy!

Vinnie

David C.

Your Isabellina dac will ship this week and I'll email you to confirm.  This will be the icing on the cake, and I look forward to your impressions of the Isabellina + 30.2 + La Scala Monitors.  That combo is going to be hard to beat, and I know it will bring a smile to your face every time you fire it up!

Speaking of beating this combo, I'm already pondering likely upgrade paths :roll:. Here's what I'm thinking:

1) Trade the Isabellina dac (without USB) in on an Isabella pre-amp with built-in dac (with USB).

2) Get a MacBook to use as a music server, convert my CD collection to WAV or Apple Lossless files.

3) Trade the Sig 30.2 integrated amp in on a pair of Sig 70.2 monoblocks.

4) Trade the La Scala monitors in on a pair of La Scala or Diva floorstanders.

How does that sound to you Vinnie?

David

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
Hi David,

When the time comes, I will gladly work with you on an upgrade path.  You can trade in your RWA gear for 100% trade-up credit towards new RWA gear.

The Isabella tube preamp with dac + 70.2 combo will be a BIG upgrade for you!   :weights:

We can also work something out on your speakers. 

I really enjoy the Macbook as my music server, and you will as well.

When the time comes, please feel free to call or email me...

In the meantime, your Isabellina dac is on its way  :hyper:

Best regards,

Vinnie

-Richard-

Hi David C.

I had a Signature 30 and upgraded to a Signature 70 based on Vinnies recommendation... then Vinnie recommended his Signature 70.2 and the difference was significant.

The Signature 70.2 does not sound like the Signature 30.2... it is more like a triode tube amplifier... the tonal life is much more robust... deeper... more musical.

The preamp one uses affects this perception of course... and should be chosen with synergy in mind.

The Signature 30.2 is terrific... the Signature 70.2 reproduces music with a different dimension of tonal color... Deborah loves it!!!

Warmest Regards ~ Richard

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
Hi Richard,

Good to hear from you!  Thanks for your post, and I'm glad to hear that you and Deb are still enjoying your 70.2s.

The preamp one uses affects this perception of course... and should be chosen with synergy in mind.

This is a good point, and even if you are on a budget, there are some good tube preamps out there that our customers seem to enjoy with their RWA amps (e.g. Mapletree and EE Minimax come to mind).

Best regards,

Vinnie

David C.

Okay, the system has settled down. My initial impression is as follows:

My RWA system is the musical embodiment of Clarke's third law, which states that
'Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.'

:bowdown:

Details later.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
Okay, the system has settled down. My initial impression is as follows:

My RWA system is the musical embodiment of Clarke's third law, which states that
'Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.'

:bowdown:

Details later.

Hi David C.,

Thanks for your post - and looking forward to reading the juicy details!  :drool:  8)

Glad you are enjoying your RWA system!

All the best,

Vinnie