Official Felix board/kit group buy thread

kyrill

Re: Official Felix board/kit group buy thread
« Reply #120 on: 14 Apr 2008, 03:40 pm »
O-0  that is insanely expensive i have a PM for you

tanchiro58

« Reply #121 on: 14 Apr 2008, 03:50 pm »
FedEx is insanely expensive for overseas shipments.  I just did a quick online calculation for your package and it would be $120 to ship it via FedEx international economy.  Oddly, it's only $5 more to upgrade to international priority. 

To my knowledges and in my experiences USPS is the cheap way to ship internationally but the bad thing is USPS does not guaranty that you (in other countries) could not tract your shipment. It is on your own once the goods leaving USA. 

kyrill

« Reply #122 on: 14 Apr 2008, 06:38 pm »
there is a rudimentary tracking for some shipments:

Dear KYRILL GOOSSEFF,

This ship notification is being sent to you by the U.S. Postal Service at the request of BRIAN KANE. If the "Shipped To" address information is not correct, please contact the Shipper.

A package with a Click-N-Ship label created on usps.com containing the following information is scheduled to be shipped on 04/03/2008.

BRIAN KANE
MADISOUND SPEAKER COMPONENTS, INC.

8608 UNIVERSITY GRN STE 10
MIDDLETON WI 53562-2567
   KYRILL GOOSSEFF
HAAGWEG .....

Type of Service: Priority Mail International
Label Number: CV002982448US
Tanchiro yr walking car is the funniest avatar (?) i have ever seen :D it makes me smile every time i look at it,,

tanchiro58

« Reply #123 on: 14 Apr 2008, 06:45 pm »
there is a rudimentary tracking for some shipments:

Dear KYRILL GOOSSEFF,

This ship notification is being sent to you by the U.S. Postal Service at the request of BRIAN KANE. If the "Shipped To" address information is not correct, please contact the Shipper.

A package with a Click-N-Ship label created on usps.com containing the following information is scheduled to be shipped on 04/03/2008.

BRIAN KANE
MADISOUND SPEAKER COMPONENTS, INC.
8608 UNIVERSITY GRN STE 10
MIDDLETON WI 53562-2567
   KYRILL GOOSSEFF
HAAGWEG .....

Type of Service: Priority Mail International
Label Number: CV002982448US

Kyrill,

You are the luckiest USPS customer or maybe they change the policies for international customers or the sender possibly has to pay an extra of guaranty fee to your place.

Martyn

« Reply #124 on: 14 Apr 2008, 07:13 pm »
If FedEx is bad for Canadians, UPS is worse. My Coilcraft chokes had a retail value of less than $14, but cost me $50 with shipping, taxes, and UPS' extortionate brokerage fees. I always try to use USPS for shipments to Canada and have not a failure yet. For me, USPS takes the full ten working days they quote. Incidentally, Coilcraft told me later that they will ship USPS if asked.

Christopher Witmer

« Reply #125 on: 14 Apr 2008, 09:41 pm »
USPS is just fine for Japan . . .

BradJudy

« Reply #126 on: 15 Apr 2008, 03:19 am »
I just dropped off the first wave at FedEx:

I also handed off items for a couple of locals today. 

SamL

« Reply #127 on: 17 Apr 2008, 05:38 am »
Use USPS for NZ. FedEx is not going to be much faster or better.

BradJudy

« Reply #128 on: 17 Apr 2008, 04:46 pm »
I was beating my head against a wall last night trying to figure out the tome of a website the USPS has on international shipping before I figured out that I can simply print out a shipping label for international priority mail from the website.  So I wasted one night, but hopefully I can get those going tonight. 

I also went around in circles with FedEx online support about whether one can ship padded envelopes via FexEd home delivery before giving up and called my local FedEx Kinkos.  In 30 seconds on the phone, I had my simple answer (yes) that I couldn't get in three e-mails from FedEx support.  Lesson learned there - never e-mail FedEx, always just call you local shop. 

I'll give an update tonight, but hopefully I can get another wave of FedEx shipping and get labels done for international USPS to mail out Friday morning (crosses fingers).  There will still be a third wave of FedEx since I need to get some more boxes. 

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #129 on: 19 Apr 2008, 02:12 am »
This afternoon my package arrived :). Good packing job.

Brad, thanks one more time for your heroic efforts. :bowdown:

-Roy

Den

« Reply #130 on: 19 Apr 2008, 03:01 am »
Same here.                 Brad's The Man!

Den

« Reply #131 on: 19 Apr 2008, 04:03 am »
Oh yeah, my cap count appears to be correct.   :)

alana106

« Reply #132 on: 19 Apr 2008, 06:08 pm »
Received the FedEx shipment yesterday.   All quantities are correct.   Thanks again Brad for all of your effort, and taking this project. :thumb:

BradJudy

« Reply #133 on: 19 Apr 2008, 08:05 pm »
I'm glad to hear that things are arriving.  I'm going to take a shot at packing up all remaining items today.  I picked up more boxes and I got the correct customs forms (there are two types and I grabbed the wrong ones the first time).  USPS lets you print international labels online, but the web form seems to be broken and kept registering one ounce as 1lb 4oz.  I'll give it another shot today since that would reduce my wait at the post office. 

BradJudy

« Reply #134 on: 20 Apr 2008, 03:50 am »
Hopefully everyone counts their caps.  It looks like I may have given someone too many since I have fewer of the X1 caps for myself than I intended to have.  If you did receive too many, I would appreciate you sending the extras back.    It looks like the CMC numbers work out right. 

Of course, if I have short-changed anyone on any parts, please let me know and I'll get things out to you, but I think it's in pretty good shape. 

The remaining domestic ones are packed and FedEx labeled (but not yet dropped off).  Tomorrow I'll finish up the international ones (hopefully) and then Monday I'll ship everything out. 

LanceL

« Reply #135 on: 20 Apr 2008, 11:58 am »
Mine arrived AOK...great packing job...parts count right on.
Thanks so much for the effort

Lance

nature boy

« Reply #136 on: 20 Apr 2008, 03:29 pm »
Brad,

My boards and caps arrived Friday by FedEx ground.  Everything is in GREAT shape
and all the caps were included.  Thanks again for putting this group order together. :thumb: :thumb:

Hey Gordy, the BOARDS AND CAPS ARE HERE!!!!!!  Give me a shout and get that
soldering iron fired up.

NB

hanguy

« Reply #137 on: 20 Apr 2008, 10:23 pm »
Brad,

My boards, caps and CMC have arrived. All quantities are correct. Thank you so much to put all the work into this group buy  :thumb:

Mike

BradJudy

« Reply #138 on: 22 Apr 2008, 03:20 pm »
The final packages (USPS international) went out this morning.  The last domestic ones went out on FedEx yesterday. 

mgalusha

« Reply #139 on: 22 Apr 2008, 11:40 pm »
Mine was waiting when I arrived home, thanks Brad!

Oh, all the caps are present and accounted for. :)

BTW, that was one fine packing job, I can't imagine how long it took to get all these ready to ship. Thanks again!

Mike