mgalusha

Re: Official Felix board/kit group buy thread
« Reply #100 on: 9 Apr 2008, 05:34 pm »
Another thanks to Brad for all the hard work.  :thumb:

BradJudy

« Reply #101 on: 9 Apr 2008, 11:49 pm »
Thanks Mike.

The boards arrived today.  I'll post some pictures later - 380 boards is quite a few. 

TomS

« Reply #102 on: 9 Apr 2008, 11:54 pm »
Having facilitated group buys myself (and hated it), I can't believe how fast you made all this come together.  I'm sure behind the scenes it was a pain, but you made it so easy for all of us.  Huge thanks again!  Tom

mgalusha

« Reply #103 on: 10 Apr 2008, 12:15 am »
I think we each need to buy Brad a beer at the next RMAF. 'Course he may end up very drunk but isn't RMAF just a three day party anyway.  :lol:

BradJudy

« Reply #104 on: 10 Apr 2008, 01:24 am »
Here are the boards, remember that each stack is 25-26 boards:

Here's what one stack looks like unbundled:

I'll probably start packing and shipping this weekend. 

BTW: I likely won't be at RMAF anymore since we'll be moving to Atlanta this summer (selling our house is one of many other tasks in parallel with this group buy). 

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #105 on: 10 Apr 2008, 01:44 am »
Wow, that's a lot of boards. :o I bet that even you are surprised how many chose to participate in this group buy. :x

I'll join the chorus in thanking you for all your time and work. :thumb:

-Roy

Gordy

« Reply #106 on: 10 Apr 2008, 02:42 am »
I think we each need to buy Brad a beer at the next RMAF.

380 boards / 5 boards per order?  hmmm... 76 beers?  Nosha problum in shree daz...kxzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:thumb:

mgalusha

« Reply #107 on: 10 Apr 2008, 03:15 am »
BTW: I likely won't be at RMAF anymore since we'll be moving to Atlanta this summer

Atlanta? Wow, that's quite a change from CO. At least you won't have to deal with the snow very often. :)

We need to hook up sometime before you go, mebbe I need to have a spring get together.. 'Course it's about a 60 mile drive from your place.  :o

Den

« Reply #108 on: 10 Apr 2008, 03:25 am »
Well, if you stay north of the city, it's kinda mountainous. . .nothing like the Rockies, but 60 deg. in January has its charms too.   :)

Den

« Reply #109 on: 10 Apr 2008, 03:31 am »
. . .and I too heap my thanks to Brad upon the mountain.  Verily there is much good audio karma for you.   :)

BradJudy

« Reply #110 on: 10 Apr 2008, 03:37 pm »
Atlanta? Wow, that's quite a change from CO. At least you won't have to deal with the snow very often. :)

We need to hook up sometime before you go, mebbe I need to have a spring get together.. 'Course it's about a 60 mile drive from your place.  :o

Yep, Atlanta will be a big change and the move is coming up quickly. 

I'd be happy to swing by there if you have a GTG on a day I'm free.  I don't know that I have much you haven't heard yet, but I could bring down my Ascend Sierra-1's and either of the little amps (Sonic Impact or Trends).  I was going to build a Twisted Pear Opus DAC, but things have been too busy, so I'm not sure if I'll get around to it before the move.

BradJudy

« Reply #111 on: 11 Apr 2008, 12:48 am »
Well, this figures.  I bag 1600 capacitors and I have two extras.  Somewhere in all of these bags is one that is short.  I'll recount as I put bags into boxes. 

2wo

« Reply #112 on: 11 Apr 2008, 12:50 am »
If you are moving to Atlanta, come to Hornfest. There will be beer...John

whubbard

« Reply #113 on: 11 Apr 2008, 02:30 pm »
You could also just send them out...and have all of us count, and then you will no whose it was that was missing the caps. Its a lot easier for 50 people to count 100 pieces each, then you to count 1600.

TomW16

« Reply #114 on: 11 Apr 2008, 03:40 pm »
You could also just send them out...and have all of us count, and then you will no whose it was that was missing the caps. Its a lot easier for 50 people to count 100 pieces each, then you to count 1600.

I agree with whubbard .  And besides, I have a one in 50 chance that I'll be short the capacitor.   :lol:

Thanks again for all of your work on this Brad.

Tom

BradJudy

« Reply #115 on: 14 Apr 2008, 01:31 am »
It looks like I need a phone number for everyone for the FedEx shipping if I want to do all of this online.  I don't want to fill out paper forms for everyone, so I'll be requesting that all of the U.S. buyers (and maybe Canada - I still need to do a cost comparison for shipping) send me a phone number.

Packaging everything is taking longer than I expected, but I got 22 boxes ready this weekend and was hoping to print shipping labels tonight until I ran into this phone number issue.  On the plus side, there's a FedEx/Kinkos near my house, so I can easily drop off packages once they are ready. 

TomS

« Reply #116 on: 14 Apr 2008, 01:58 am »
I PM'd mine to you. 

What I sometimes do if I don't know the recipient's number is just put my own cell # on there.  I could be wrong but chances are they don't use that number anyway.  I know they've never called mine when something's screwed up  :wink:

BradJudy

« Reply #117 on: 14 Apr 2008, 02:24 am »
I've been informed that FedEx would be bad for Canadians, so scratch that plan and I'll stick to USPS. 

I've also been given the tip that FedEx will accept 888-888-8888 as a phone number, so I can enter that for anything I don't receive.  I'd prefer to enter something real if available, on the off-chance they use it for a delivery problem. 

Thanks.

kyrill

« Reply #118 on: 14 Apr 2008, 08:51 am »
as from Holland and i suspect other international buyers, i would prefer fedex, as they much more quick than usps handle customs more efficient. with usps it can take weeks for clearance to one, two days with Fedex

BradJudy

« Reply #119 on: 14 Apr 2008, 03:26 pm »
FedEx is insanely expensive for overseas shipments.  I just did a quick online calculation for your package and it would be $120 to ship it via FedEx international economy.  Oddly, it's only $5 more to upgrade to international priority.