Carver Pro mods available soon...

8thnerve

« on: 8 Oct 2003, 10:19 pm »
We are working on some mods to improve the performance and the usability of the Carver Pro ZR series amps.  These will include RCA inputs and real binding posts.  More info to follow....

8thnerve

Mods available
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2003, 10:49 pm »
see Market square for more info...

NealH

« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2003, 03:33 am »
Hopefully your mods will include bypassing the numerous low tech op-amps in the signal path before the conversion.  Otherwise I will pass.

8thnerve

« Reply #3 on: 24 Oct 2003, 01:12 pm »
Quote from: rnhood
Hopefully your mods will include bypassing the numerous low tech op-amps in the signal path before the conversion.  Otherwise I will pass.

We are intentionally not touching the main board to make warranty service possible.  There will be plenty of other modders who will gut the Carver.  I think it is a great product with some fundamental shortcomings which are easily fixed.  That is what we are doing.

Best of luck,

Nathan

Occam

« Reply #4 on: 24 Oct 2003, 07:11 pm »
Rnhood,

As the yahoo who suggested that direct bypass mod, I fully agree with Nathan's response. His high value mod is real rather than theoretical, can easily be reversed, preserves full functionality, should not cause warrantee problems (None of the previous is so for my proposal), and will povide real audible benefits.

Regards,
Occam