China in 25 pictures

TheChairGuy

Re: China in 25 pictures
« Reply #20 on: 6 Mar 2008, 04:40 am »
I sincerely love my time spent in China each of the 12-15x I've gone....but pictures do tend to idealize the good at the expense of the bad. 

But, a fascinating country all the same - and extremely smart & gracious people  :thumb:

Just don't confuse it with Italy or France and accept it for what it is  :wink:

John

BradJudy

« Reply #21 on: 6 Mar 2008, 04:56 am »
I sincerely love my time spent in China each of the 12-15x I've gone....but pictures do tend to idealize the good at the expense of the bad. 

Well, they are vacation photos and not photo journalism.  :)

TheChairGuy

« Reply #22 on: 6 Mar 2008, 09:08 am »

Well, they are vacation photos and not photo journalism.  :)

ha - good point and touche'  :wink:

It's a trip seeing that Starbucks in Shanghai again.....I took the same shot to show family and friends back home. 

Your pics smoke mine, of course - really outstanding photo's you took  :thumb:

Thx for sharing - John

skchow

« Reply #23 on: 7 Mar 2008, 12:29 pm »
Thanks for sharing the pictures!  I've been in China for a year and a half now, a year in Beijing studying Chinese, and now approaching another year but this time in Hangzhou (  a little south of Shanghai ).   I didn't plan for this, I only wanted to come here for 6 months, but that 6 months was enough to make me want more.   If you ever make it out here again, let us know!  I'm sure by then, I would know the place enough to be a "local".  :lol:

ipy

« Reply #24 on: 7 Mar 2008, 07:06 pm »
Just spotted this, great series & thanks for sharing!  It surely portraits China's huge leap to modernisation since the cultural revolution/communism days.  There's much more China has to offer in sharing her rich & diverse history/past for eg: the Silk Roads, Inner Mongolia, Tibet, more recently Three Gorges Dam of the Yangtse, just to name a few.  No wonder the World Tourism Organisation has predicted that China will become the most popular tourist destination by 2020.

nathanm

« Reply #25 on: 7 Mar 2008, 09:54 pm »
I'm just trying to figure out how he got pictures of a forbidden city.