New Hiquphon tweeter OW 4 dome tweeter offering with products

RAW

During the last few years we have built our product line designed with our ribbon tweeter.With some thought we feel the demand for a good dome into our product line is due.We now have selected  a dome tweeter we feel will make a great product line even more attractive for people with a Hiquphon tweeter OW 4 (Oskar Wroending )
After many hours of looking and sampling tweeters we settled on the OW4 which is a 3/4" Platinum soft dome tweeter.

Here is some information on the OW4

Hiquphon tweeter Special features OW 4

Featuring ”Platinum” dome for unique design
• Excellent frequency linearity 3 – 20 kHz and excellent phase linearity
• Smooth roll-off at low and high frequencies
• Low and well damped resonance frequency
• Well controlled damped low frequency response, soft raising
• Very broad-banded (2 kHz to 22 kHz, nominal –3 dB)
• Fast transient response
• Very low distortion
• A-periodic damped moving system
• Exponential phase-correction, semi horn-loaded
• Saturated rounded magnet gap for low magnetic distortion
• Perfect sealed housing
• Heavy duty connectors for 2.5 mm lead wire, non-vibrating
• Large soldering joints using large-surface copper plated PCB inside
• Shock absorbing construction
• Selected as matched pairs within 0,5 dB between 2 kHz—20 kHz
• Original data curves supplied as part of the package
• Packed as two-in-a-box with original curves included, ready for resale.
• Beautiful sound capabilities
• Please observe that this tweeter is NOT magnetic shielded!

Product name will be with an addition of a O.
Another words
HT2O
HT2CO
HT3O
HT8O
Apex IIIO
Apex CO
All of these new products will be coming with in the next month.
Plus 2 larger speakers as well.LA aa

JRace

• Greetings one and Everyone!
Hmmm...DRAW Acoustics now?

Larger??? :o

RAW

Hmmm...DRAW Acoustics now?

Larger??? :o

No just offer a larger product base for those who would like a dome tweeter. :icon_lol:

DRAW on :thumb:

Toka

No just offer a larger product base for those who would like a dome tweeter. :icon_lol:

Sorry to dig up the old thread...but how would you categorize the difference between the OW4 and the ribbon? Would one suit some types of music more than others?

RAW

Seen you are looking at the OW4 from Dave on his forum but I will answer your question aa

The real difference between the our ribbon and the OW4 is how different they sound from one to the next.Just yesterday we had someone here for several hours listening to the OW4 then the our ribbon in the HT2i and HT2O plus the TL7.

He was astonished at how different they sound with just a cap and resistor difference between the HT2i (ribbon) and the HT2O (OW4).Not just a different tweeter but complete different presentation in balance.His thought the OW4 was not to his liking as the ribbon seemed to follow as we switched from one model to the next.His astonishment to find he liked the ribbon over the OW4 due to all his reading before he arrived.Walking in the door he wanted to listen to the OW4 ,due to reviews saying ribbons as to hot or elevated in the upper vocal range.Then find out he liked the ribbon for his personal taste.

Music differences.
I like the ribbons all round yet find the OW4 can have a better presence in simple string music were in heavy string music our ribbon sounds smoother.

Toka

Thanks for the info! Ain't buyin' nothing from nobody just yet...just doing my homework.  8)
« Last Edit: 19 Jul 2008, 03:44 pm by Toka »