Jaton Audio SS amp at Response Audio

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Jaton Audio SS amp at Response Audio
« on: 31 Jan 2008, 07:14 pm »
Solid state at Response Audio?.....It looks that way. I received a Jaton Operetta 2 channel amp for evaluation not really knowing what to expect. Even though I have only a few hours on it, I must admit I am quite impressed in this $1000 amplifier.

Visually, this piece is stunning and pictures do it absolutely no justice. Mine is in black as seen in the picture below.

I have it burning in one of our test systems being driven by my Audio Note Custom M2 preamp and finding this match very good. I'll give it a few weeks to really come into it's own but it looks like we will be adding this to our line-up. Actually, that decision has already been made. :thumb:

http://www.responseaudio.com/jaton.htm

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Re: Jaton Audio SS amp at Response Audio
« Reply #1 on: 6 Mar 2008, 12:07 am »
Now that I have spent some time with this piece in various systems we have decided to keep the map and pick up the line.
 I have had the two channel unit running in our system with an Audio Note Custom L3 Deluxe preamp, AN Custom Deluxe DAC and driving the GR Research OB-7 Deluxe speakers for a few days now and very impressed. Well worth it's $999 price tag and more.
 The Jaton is a welcomed affordable Solid State product to our line-up.