IeGO Entry level Power Cable L70530 now shipping!!! Check first post for info.

Zyca

• Industry Participant
    • Acoustic Fun Web Store!
Re: Interesting new power cable, photos~~ updated!!
« Reply #20 on: 10 Feb 2008, 07:18 pm »
Forgot to mention, Mr.B, could you show yourself and give everyone here some idea on how you plan to test the cables?

Thanks.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #21 on: 10 Feb 2008, 07:39 pm »
Looking forward to the review.

They look like something I'd be very interested in.

Bryan

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #22 on: 13 Feb 2008, 08:22 am »
Looking forward to the review.

They look like something I'd be very interested in.

Bryan

And I'm looking forward to receiving the shipment, hopefully they will arrive ontime. :D

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #23 on: 14 Feb 2008, 07:05 am »
Oh yeah, just got a call from the supplier, the mass of cable will arrive today.  I'll put it up for sale on Audiogon, and post photos of gift boxes and stuff here as well.

:lol:

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #24 on: 14 Feb 2008, 06:54 pm »
YES! I got them in STOCK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Just received them.

Here's one of them:

Here's how the cable will be packaged, the cable is fitting in there nicely and will not shift around during transport.  The piece of paper in there denotes the serial number and a 60 month warranty on the cable.  (Cable purchased through me will receive free return shipping if indeed a fault was found that is caused by defective material or workmanship.  Abuse, nature's fury (or God's, whichever you prefer), incorrect/improper use and similar acts that stress the cable beyond reasonable use will not be covered by warranty.)

Here's the label on the copper one:

Here's the label on the silver plate one:

Rose copper version:

The oh-so-bling-bling silver plated version: ;)

The pricing of the cable had been determined, for anyone interested in the cables, please check below for pricing and shipping info:

PLEASE NOTE: THIS CABLE ONLY COMES IN THE STYLE OF AMERICAN STYLE CONNECTOR AT THE MOMENT, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE PROPER AC MAINS SOCKET AT HOME (OR ON YOUR POWER CONDITIONER) BEFORE YOU ORDER.

Sorry for the caps, but this has to be done to make sure it is not going to be missed by anyone.

This is also called TYPE B, and can be found in the link below:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_AC_power_plugs_and_sockets

AudioCircle/Audiogon Pricing:

Copper/unplated:  (Call this 8055CT if you prefer to use code)
1.5M/5ft   = USD $65
2.0M/6.5ft = USD $80

Copper+Heavy Silver plating:  (Call this 8065CT if you prefer to use code)
1.5m/5ft   = USD $95
2.0m/6.5ft = USD $110

eBay Pricing:  (Due to the astronomical ebay cost)
Copper/unplated:
1.5M/5ft   = USD $73
2.0M/6.5ft = USD $89

Copper+Heavy Silver plating:
1.5m/5ft   = USD $105
2.0m/6.5ft = USD $125

Shipping charge: (Same for either Ebay or AudioCircle pricing)

To US/Canada/European countries/Russia:
1 cable = USD $25
2 cables = USD $35
3 cables = USD $45
5 cables and up to 9 = USD $55 (Special offer)
10 cables and up = FLAT RATE $30  (Special offer)

To Asian countries/Oceania Regions (Yes, that includes you Aussies and Kiwis)
1 cable = USD $20
2 cables = USD $30
3 cables = USD $40
5 cables and up to 9 = USD $45 (Special offer)
10 cables and up = FREE SHIPPING  (Special offer)

To South American countries/African countries:
1 cable = USD $35
2 cables = USD $45
3 cables = USD $55
5 cables and up to 9 = USD $70 (Special offer)
10 cables and up = FLAT RATE $45  (Special offer)

To order, please PM me with your paypal email address and the type of cable/length/quantity that you want, and I'll send an paypal invoice to you.

All orders that comes in within 24 hours from now will be in time to be shipped on Saturday, which is also when I'll be shipping the cables for review.

Thanks for watching. ;)

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #25 on: 14 Feb 2008, 07:20 pm »
Forgot to mention, the following picture shows an IEC socket that is made of 99.99% pure silver (forged), with transparent blue Polycarbonate shell.

Would anyone be interested in this?  Due to the rising metal cost (which is already sky high), this will cost a bit of money, and there is also a version made with gold plated rose copper.  Of course, the copper version will be much cheaper in comparison.

This is for PROFESSIONAL installation only, since a proper installation of this part is absolutely critical for safe operation.  Novice need not apply (but having someone that's experienced to guide you/install it for you is always a good idea if you are a novice and want to start here.) due to the inherent danger of working with parts that can expose the full AC mains voltage and current.

Also, soldering wire to this part will void the warranty and will damage the socket.  A screw-on installation kit is included so that no soldering is required to fit wires onto the socket.

I'm getting a price quote on this, and if there are enough interest, I'll also offer the part and possibly other high end 99.99% pure silver connectors made by IeGO as well.

Thanks.

Zyca

• Industry Participant

This is how it will look like with the screw-on terminal, all the required screws, crimp connectors are all included with the unit.

There are 3 version of IEC socket that IeGO currently produces:

1. The top end is pure silver IEC (like you see above), made with powder metal forging process.

2. There's the gold plated rose copper IEC (similar to above, except golden colored), also made with powder metal forging process.

3. For users on really tight budget, there's one IEC that is made with similar process as industrial standard part, but instead of brass or bronze, Tellurium Copper was used to improve performance.  The Tellurium Copper was first plated with 40um of copper, then direct gold plated with 5um of gold, both for better performance and better durability.

For 1 and 2, I'm quite sure I can get them, but I'm currently waiting for the pricing.  As for 3, I'm not sure if it is still available, but I'll ask anyways.

I do have 1 and 3 on hand, and they are VERY nice. ;)
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2008, 06:26 am by Zyca »

mjosef

Hey I am interested in the IEC sockets...so do please provide prices.
Cables looks great.

Zyca

• Industry Participant
Cables looks great.

I just had a good chat with the manufacturer, and he told me that there are a batch of pure silver sockets that had been stored for a little over one year, and may exhibit some minor oxidization coloration, but the performance and quality is exactly as new.  He mentioned that he will give me "one heck of a deal" on that, and I'll post it up as soon as I get the price list. ;)

From the tone of his voice, I suppose I'll keep a few on my hand for upgrading my own equipments as well ;)

Zyca

• Industry Participant
3 sets of review cables had been sent out, one to the forum reviewer, the other two are sent to online magazine reviewer. ;)

aa

Hopefully we will be seeing the reviews soon

yo2tup

Cables looks great.

I just had a good chat with the manufacturer, and he told me that there are a batch of pure silver sockets that had been stored for a little over one year, and may exhibit some minor oxidization coloration, but the performance and quality is exactly as new.  He mentioned that he will give me "one heck of a deal" on that, and I'll post it up as soon as I get the price list. ;)

From the tone of his voice, I suppose I'll keep a few on my hand for upgrading my own equipments as well ;)

great!

Zyca

• Industry Participant
Cables looks great.

great!

Well, check out the other thread that I have here in Industry ad.

I suggest those who got some spare cash on hand to stock up a little, due to manufacturer's warning that silver itself is going up in value.  Thus the cost of the IEC will go up if the current trend continues.

slwiser

I have placed my order for two of these.  They look like they will do the trick for me.  Thanks.

Zyca

• Industry Participant
I have placed my order for two of these.  They look like they will do the trick for me.  Thanks.

Cue mechanical robotic voice "Processing..."  :wink:

Should be able to send it out tonight or early tomorrow. ;)  Again, I must say that this cable, especially the IEC end (the end that hooks up to your equipments), is extremely tight.  And will take some time for people to get used to it.

When in doubt (the kinda doubt that goes like "how the #%@$ do I get it in?"), just wiggle the plug left and right slightly while applying firm pressure to insert it.  It will then go in willingly.

mjosef

Again, I must say that this cable, especially the IEC end (the end that hooks up to your equipments), is extremely tight.  And will take some time for people to get used to it.

When in doubt (the kinda doubt that goes like "how the #%@$ do I get it in?"), just wiggle the plug left and right slightly while applying firm pressure to insert it.  It will then go in willingly.

No shit... :lol: It really is tight, but I like tight...  aa ...better to grip by.
I am running the copper one on my amp...haven't done any comparison yet. But I haven't noticed any markedly change so far. So far so good.

Zyca

• Industry Participant
I just peeled one open to show you guys some more details of IeGO's 8055CT connector.  Click on image for super huge ones.

8055CT, awaiting open heart surgery.

Pure copper pin close up with IeGO logo.

Live & Neutral wires, and the IeGO logo on the copper inside the clear polycarbonate (some refer to them as lexan) housing.

Ground Wire

The outer housing that is supposed to cover all the contact and electrical joints after assembly, for your viewing pleasure.

Let me know what else you guys'd like to see. ;)

Just got a second hand Canon 350D and the kit lens to replace my original camera (lost)... Man, the shots are so much easier to make, and the color purity is so much better than the prosumer cameras. ;)

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
So, any response/review from the infamous Mr. B yet  :scratch: :green:

Bryan

mikef

I read Mr. B's review in the other thread, and it seemed positive. Has anyone else tried these power cords, and would you care to post your review? They look like good value for the money, I might need to try them myself.

Zyca - any plans to make power cords with the gold-plated (8085 series) connectors available?

Mike Fox

TONEPUB

My advice to all of you is to wake up and buy about six each of these
before Zyca wakes up and starts charging real prices for these power
cords....

One of the best I've heard for under 500 bucks!

Full review when we get the new TONE site re done...
(about two weeks)

This has to be the audio deal of the century!

Zyca

• Industry Participant
I read Mr. B's review in the other thread, and it seemed positive. Has anyone else tried these power cords, and would you care to post your review? They look like good value for the money, I might need to try them myself.

Zyca - any plans to make power cords with the gold-plated (8085 series) connectors available?

Mike Fox

If there are enough interests, I can have a batch of them made as well.

For people who need custom sized stuff (say like 10 meters of cable), it is also available, but the lead time to ship would be one week.  For stuff I have in stock, it would be like 1 day for the lead time to ship.  (then plus the 4 day of international shipping.)

Thanks.

David Wei