SP 3.0?

skunark

Re: SP 3.0?
« Reply #1080 on: 2 Aug 2011, 03:11 am »
I waited awhile for the SP3 to be released and a few months back I finally decided to focus on two channel.   I did entirely expect the SP3 to be released and I would be having regrets right about now, but now it appears I'm glad I made the switch to just two channel and disappointed that I can't do a dealer demo of the SP3.

Vipers

« Reply #1081 on: 25 Aug 2011, 04:24 pm »
Hi James,

Those pics of the SP3 that were in the factory tour thread have got us Brits a little excited on the other side of the pond, a quick question if you don't mind.

I've been wondering that if I was to go with the SP3 for my movies and 2ch duties, I guess I could sell my BP26 and possibly my BDA-1, I know in the past you have said the SP3 performs as well as the BP26 for 2ch, but would you recommend keeping the BDA-1? or is the DAC section in the SP3 as good as the BDA-1? Which if it is actually makes the SP3 great value.

Thanks.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1082 on: 25 Aug 2011, 06:00 pm »
Hi James,

Those pics of the SP3 that were in the factory tour thread have got us Brits a little excited on the other side of the pond, a quick question if you don't mind.

I've been wondering that if I was to go with the SP3 for my movies and 2ch duties, I guess I could sell my BP26 and possibly my BDA-1, I know in the past you have said the SP3 performs as well as the BP26 for 2ch, but would you recommend keeping the BDA-1? or is the DAC section in the SP3 as good as the BDA-1? Which if it is actually makes the SP3 great value.

Thanks.

Hi Vipers,

I am playing around with the SP3 now using the BDP-1 as the source into the Balanced AESEBU on the SP3 so I should be able to let you know soon.

james

Alpha10

« Reply #1083 on: 25 Aug 2011, 06:45 pm »

I am playing around with the SP3 now using the BDP-1 as the source into the Balanced AESEBU on the SP3 so I should be able to let you know soon.

Perfect  :D

Vipers

« Reply #1084 on: 25 Aug 2011, 09:36 pm »
Hi Vipers,

james

Brilliant, thanks James, can't wait to hear your thoughts, it's looking more likely I may be heading down the SP3 route :)

A couple more quick qestions if you don't mind.

Will the SP3 come with it's own remote or will the BR2 be used? will one come in the box?

Looking at the picture on the factory tour thread of you holding the SP3, the back panel seems to have changed slightly from the earlier picture, I can't seem to see the power outlet, will the SP3 be able to be powered from the MPS-2?

Thanks.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1085 on: 25 Aug 2011, 09:39 pm »
Brilliant, thanks James, can't wait to hear your thoughts, it's looking more likely I may be heading down the SP3 route :)

A couple more quick qestions if you don't mind.

Will the SP3 come with it's own remote or will the BR2 be used? will one come in the box?

Looking at the picture on the factory tour thread of you holding the SP3, the back panel seems to have changed slightly from the earlier picture, I can't seem to see the power outlet, will the SP3 be able to be powered from the MPS-2?

Thanks.

Hi

Yes some of the layout has changed but it must be powered internally due to separate power supplies for the digital and analog stages.

There will be a new remote that looks like the SP2 remote that will come with the unit.

James

BrysTony

« Reply #1086 on: 25 Aug 2011, 10:07 pm »
The back panel does not look as tall as the front panel.  There must be a second piece of the back panel that will include the HDMI input/outputs and the power input.

Tony

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1087 on: 25 Aug 2011, 10:31 pm »
The back panel does not look as tall as the front panel.  There must be a second piece of the back panel that will include the HDMI input/outputs and the power input.

Tony

Hi Tony

Correct the one I am holding does not have the top back panel section attached.

James

gdbalp

« Reply #1088 on: 26 Aug 2011, 04:31 am »
Hi James,

On the up coming SP 3, will Bryston create an app for IPOD/IPAD to control this unit?

And, any change you can play stored music via the ethernet port?

Ciao, Luigi

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1089 on: 26 Aug 2011, 10:49 am »
Hi James,

On the up coming SP 3, will Bryston create an app for IPOD/IPAD to control this unit?

And, any change you can play stored music via the ethernet port?

Ciao, Luigi

Hi Luigi

No control planned at this point as companies like Crestron make units that will integrate if customers want display control.

There is no harddrive in the SP3 so no storage is available.

james

Vipers

« Reply #1090 on: 26 Aug 2011, 11:28 am »
Hi

Yes some of the layout has changed but it must be powered internally due to separate power supplies for the digital and analog stages.

There will be a new remote that looks like the SP2 remote that will come with the unit.

James

Thanks James, when do you think we may realistically see the SP3 over in the UK?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1091 on: 26 Aug 2011, 12:42 pm »
Thanks James, when do you think we may realistically see the SP3 over in the UK?

I hope by October.

james

Alpha10

« Reply #1092 on: 31 Aug 2011, 09:26 pm »
Hi James,

I may have missed it but will the SP3 be a 5 or 20 year warranty product?

Cheers

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1093 on: 31 Aug 2011, 09:29 pm »
Hi James,

I may have missed it but will the SP3 be a 5 or 20 year warranty product?

Cheers

Being a digital product 5 years.

James

Alpha10

« Reply #1094 on: 31 Aug 2011, 09:51 pm »
Being a digital product 5 years.

James

Thank you, I know this is a difficult question, but it this likely to change? I would not want to be an early adopter and miss out (as I just have with my PMC speakers..)

Cheers

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1095 on: 31 Aug 2011, 10:06 pm »
Thank you, I know this is a difficult question, but it this likely to change? I would not want to be an early adopter and miss out (as I just have with my PMC speakers..)

Cheers

No it is not likely to change and if it did it would be retroactive as it was when we went to 20 years on the amps in 1990.

Alpha10

« Reply #1096 on: 1 Sep 2011, 08:33 am »
No it is not likely to change and if it did it would be retroactive as it was when we went to 20 years on the amps in 1990.

Good to know, thank you.

JeffO

« Reply #1097 on: 3 Sep 2011, 04:12 pm »
Hi Vipers,

james

James,

So how does it sound against the BDA? 

Also when will you be able to post or publish a finalized feature and spec sheet for the SP3? 

Jeff

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1098 on: 3 Sep 2011, 06:13 pm »
James,

So how does it sound against the BDA? 

Also when will you be able to post or publish a finalized feature and spec sheet for the SP3? 

Jeff

Hi Jeff

I am working on the manual now - is there a particular spec your interested in?

James

john1970

« Reply #1099 on: 3 Sep 2011, 10:30 pm »
Hi James,

Glad to hear that Bryston is getting very close to releasing the SP3.  I just placed my order for a SP3 this week.  I am very much looking forward to having it replace my Bryston SP1.7.  The features I am most looking forward to are:

1) Support for lossless surround sound
2) Support for SACD via HDMI (although it appears that DSD must be first converted to PCM) 
3) Lack of video processing which is not worthwhile becaus my Oppo-93 does an excellent job on the video
4) 7.1 analog inputs with 7.1 balanced analog outputs
5) Multiple balanaced sub outputs (1 sub and 2 Aux outputs)

Would it be possible to post a link to the manual for AC members on the Bryston circle once you complete the manual?

Cheers,

John
« Last Edit: 4 Sep 2011, 04:48 pm by john1970 »