SP 3.0?

Tony1

Re: SP 3.0?
« Reply #860 on: 30 Oct 2010, 03:17 am »
James,

You still do upgrades from SP1.7 to SP2?

Tony

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #861 on: 30 Oct 2010, 03:28 am »
James,

You still do upgrades from SP1.7 to SP2?

Tony

At this point yes but we do very few.

james

BrystonFan

« Reply #862 on: 30 Oct 2010, 06:18 pm »
I just played with the SP3 at Audio One !
Thanks to Steve & James for bringing it and Anthony, Carlo & Gino for hosting.

:thumb:

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #863 on: 30 Oct 2010, 10:23 pm »

:thumb:

cool! what is your impression, BrystonFan? and what setup did they have?

al.

JeffO

« Reply #864 on: 31 Oct 2010, 01:23 am »

I also stopped by Audio One for the Bryston Demo day.  They had the SP3 hooked up to a Krell amp, B&W speakers (CT800 fronts) and a Paradigm sub.  I did not have a chance to compare it to anything but the sound was fantastic, they were playing the lossless tracks from Star Trek and Ironman 2.   :thumb:

They had a great demo system for the BDP as well; BDP, BDA, BP26, 28's driving a pair of PMC EB-1's.  Great system James, thanks for taking the time to talk. 

Vipers

« Reply #865 on: 31 Oct 2010, 03:05 pm »

They had a great demo system for the BDP as well; BDP, BDA, BP26, 28's driving a pair of PMC EB-1's.   

Now that is something I'd have liked to have heard  :D

BrystonFan

« Reply #866 on: 31 Oct 2010, 11:59 pm »
I also stopped by Audio One for the Bryston Demo day.  They had the SP3 hooked up to a Krell amp, B&W speakers (CT800 fronts) and a Paradigm sub.  I did not have a chance to compare it to anything but the sound was fantastic, they were playing the lossless tracks from Star Trek and Ironman 2.   :thumb:

They had a great demo system for the BDP as well; BDP, BDA, BP26, 28's driving a pair of PMC EB-1's.  Great system James, thanks for taking the time to talk.

Hi al.

JeffO hit it on the nail...
I may be a bit bias in my evaluation - but this is another quality product by Bryston.

alexone

« Reply #867 on: 5 Nov 2010, 07:29 am »
James,

is the SPV-1 Video Switcher still in production?
would it work with the SP-3??

al.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #868 on: 5 Nov 2010, 09:51 am »
James,

is the SPV-1 Video Switcher still in production?
would it work with the SP-3??

al.

Hi Al.

No we have a few left but no plans at this point to use with SP3.

james

Mad Mr H

« Reply #869 on: 5 Nov 2010, 02:36 pm »
Hi,

Will the SP3 be available in black as a 'pro' 19" rack mount version - with rack mounting holes?

Thank you,

Andy.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #870 on: 5 Nov 2010, 04:02 pm »
Hi,

Will the SP3 be available in black as a 'pro' 19" rack mount version - with rack mounting holes?

Thank you,

Andy.

Hi Andy - maybe not immediately but certainly as we go along.

james

alexone

« Reply #871 on: 5 Nov 2010, 06:17 pm »
James,

the 'old' buttons of the BDA-1 will be replaced by the new ones (like the SP-3 and BDP-1) as they are soon not longer available, correct?!
what about the remote like BR-2 for example? will it have the new  bigger buttons as well?
i'm asking myself if the remote must be redesigned because of the different size... :scratch:

al.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #872 on: 5 Nov 2010, 06:34 pm »
James,

the 'old' buttons of the BDA-1 will be replaced by the new ones (like the SP-3 and BDP-1) as they are soon not longer available, correct?!
what about the remote like BR-2 for example? will it have the new  bigger buttons as well?
i'm asking myself if the remote must be redesigned because of the different size... :scratch:

al.

We are still going to be able to use the SP2 remote just the skin will change.

james

cameraman

« Reply #873 on: 7 Nov 2010, 09:44 pm »
I don't know about Bryston's trade-in history but since selling a used product yourself usually nets more than trading it in, what is a reasonable asking price for a 4 year old SP2 (US)?  Original owner, perfect condition with Bryston box, receipt, etc.

gdbalp

« Reply #874 on: 14 Nov 2010, 03:21 pm »
James,

I have been thinking about a trade-in program for previous owners of Bryston SP1//1.7/2, see the following:

1) SP2 - $4-5,000 + discount (% + cash refund) on additional Bryston gear
2) SP1.7 - $5-6,000 + discount (% + cash refund) on additional Bryston gear
3) SP1.0 - $6-7,000 + discount (% + cash refund) on additional Bryston gear

Anyways, just another idea that tries to help loyal customers and create some incentive to buy additional Bryston gear?

And what is the latest for release date -SP3 :green:?

Ciao,
Luigi

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #875 on: 14 Nov 2010, 05:48 pm »
Hi Luigi - hope late this year very early next we will be in production.  Thanks for the input on the trade in issue- its a tough one!

james

Marius

« Reply #876 on: 14 Nov 2010, 06:36 pm »
Hi James, all,

I'm thinking about upgrading my system (bp26, 28sst, 10b pro sub, the latter very much needed with the Quad ESL's) with the BDA-1. Would this sp3.0 be the better choice, or would I have to go for the bda-1? I am right in supposing the SP3 includes a BDA 1 and 10b pro sub?

Another question: I now have a digital tv out, cable tuner, BCD-1, a DVD machine (later on will change for a Bluray) and the digital interface of the Apple Airtunes. Coming up is a Network streamer. What would be the optimal connection scheme for all those digital sources on the BDA-!. Or the SP3 for that matter. Toslink outs on the TV set, Cable tuner and Airtunes.

I definitely need an option for the digital out of my MAcbook, for the Digital Concert Hall of the Berlin Phil (digital-concert-hall.com/)is too wunderful to miss. Or can I hook that up to the BDP in some way?

Thanx in advance to you all!
Marius

JeffO

« Reply #877 on: 14 Nov 2010, 11:22 pm »
Hi James, all,

I'm thinking about upgrading my system (bp26, 28sst, 10b pro sub, the latter very much needed with the Quad ESL's) with the BDA-1. Would this sp3.0 be the better choice, or would I have to go for the bda-1? I am right in supposing the SP3 includes a BDA 1 and 10b pro sub?

Another question: I now have a digital tv out, cable tuner, BCD-1, a DVD machine (later on will change for a Bluray) and the digital interface of the Apple Airtunes. Coming up is a Network streamer. What would be the optimal connection scheme for all those digital sources on the BDA-!. Or the SP3 for that matter. Toslink outs on the TV set, Cable tuner and Airtunes.

I definitely need an option for the digital out of my MAcbook, for the Digital Concert Hall of the Berlin Phil (digital-concert-hall.com/)is too wunderful to miss. Or can I hook that up to the BDP in some way?

Thanx in advance to you all!
Marius

Marius,

If you are going to stay with a 2 channel system then I would recommend you go with the BDA-1 over the SP3.  The SP3 is optomized for a multichannel system while the BDA is optomized for 2 channel.  I have heard both and they sound great in their respective systems but I do not believe the SP3 will sound as good as the BDA in a 2 channel system (but it would probably be close). 

Jeff

gingellr

« Reply #878 on: 15 Nov 2010, 12:30 pm »
Hi James,

Do you know what the approximate price will be for the Audio only version of the SP3?

thanks

Richard

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #879 on: 15 Nov 2010, 12:51 pm »
Hi James,

Do you know what the approximate price will be for the Audio only version of the SP3?

Richard

We think between 9 - 10K

James