SP 3.0?

ashmanuk

Re: SP 3.0?
« Reply #200 on: 25 Aug 2008, 04:36 pm »
Any info on bass management yet "Audyssey" or any other type, and what will the speaker measurements be 1cm or more.

Regards

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #201 on: 25 Aug 2008, 04:37 pm »
Any info on bass management yet "Audyssey" or any other type, and what will the speaker measurements be 1cm or more.

Regards

Hi ashmanuk,

No sorry no info on that yet.

james

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #202 on: 25 Aug 2008, 08:17 pm »

that's what i didn't dare to ask for...but for all sp owners it would be the sweetest case, i think.

what do you mean exactly on ''how to structure it'' ? i assume you don't want suggestions for inputs/outputs for the new sp3, 'cause we already talked about that (digital/analog xlr ins/outs, usb, external power supply and so on...)

alex.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #203 on: 25 Aug 2008, 08:24 pm »

that's what i didn't dare to ask for...but for all sp owners it would be the sweetest case, i think.

what do you mean exactly on ''how to structure it'' ? i assume you don't want suggestions for inputs/outputs for the new sp3, 'cause we already talked about that (digital/analog xlr ins/outs, usb, external power supply and so on...)

alex.

uups! i just wanted to modify my own answer...and hit the wrong button. :o :o
 sorry, guys. (maybe a drink too much?!)

al.

ashmanuk

« Reply #204 on: 27 Aug 2008, 10:26 am »
Just looking at the back of the new SP3 you seem to show only one XLR sub out, :(

I know Audyessy is Associated with main stream products, but with later softwear it will time allign multi sub set up`s which in the higher end of the market i am sure alot of people would be running at least two subs.

This surley would be a big advantage :drool:

Though i have to say betime we all put our pennys worth in then the SP3 would never be Launched :lol:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #205 on: 27 Aug 2008, 11:42 am »
Just looking at the back of the new SP3 you seem to show only one XLR sub out, :(

I know Audyessy is Associated with main stream products, but with later softwear it will time allign multi sub set up`s which in the higher end of the market i am sure alot of people would be running at least two subs.

Though i have to say betime we all put our pennys worth in then the SP3 would never be Launched :lol:

Hi Ashmanuk,

My Thiel subs have an XLR and an RCA 'IN' and 'OUT' so you can just daisy -chain (link) the subs together.  I guess that is not true of most subs?

james

Phil A

« Reply #206 on: 28 Aug 2008, 02:28 am »

I made myself a custom cable for the SP1.7 with one XLR on the pre/pro going to separate XLRs on each of my Rel Storm III subs.  I did briefly look for splitters (I had good RCA ones) but did not locate any when I looked.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #207 on: 28 Aug 2008, 11:24 am »
The only issue would be if you have to equalize each sub independently with some EQ system.

James

MOZ

« Reply #208 on: 28 Aug 2008, 04:44 pm »
James,

Got a question concerning the DACs you're gonna use in the SP3.
Will it be the same as in the SP2 or will we get some results on par with the one we can hear on the BCD-1 ?

MOZ

« Reply #209 on: 28 Aug 2008, 04:45 pm »
Sorry... can't delete this one...

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #210 on: 28 Aug 2008, 04:47 pm »
James,

Got a question concerning the DACs you're gonna use in the SP3.
Will it be the same as in the SP2 or will we get some results on par with the one we can hear on the BCD-1 ?

Hi Moz,

Yes we are going to use the DAC's in the CD Player (BCD-1) and External DA (BDA-1) in the SP3.

james

MOZ

« Reply #211 on: 28 Aug 2008, 04:49 pm »
Will you provide the same treatment regarding analog results as found on the BCD-1 ?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #212 on: 28 Aug 2008, 04:51 pm »
Will you provide the same treatment regarding analog results as found on the BCD-1 ?

Hi Moz,

Not sure I undestand that question - the CD Player uses the same Discrete Class A analog circuits we use in the SP2 and the new SP3.

james

MOZ

« Reply #213 on: 28 Aug 2008, 04:55 pm »
Not easy to explain in english...
I mean, i get better results using the DACs/treatment of the BCD-1 than if i let the SP2 do the job.
With the new SP3, if i give it a clean digital stream... will i get the same "waouuuh effect" ?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #214 on: 28 Aug 2008, 05:02 pm »
Not easy to explain in english...
I mean, i get better results using the DACs/treatment of the BCD-1 than if i let the SP2 do the job.
With the new SP3, if i give it a clean digital stream... will i get the same "waouuuh effect" ?

OK - I understand.
Technically the all in one CD Player will peform better than using the CD Player digital ouput into an outboard processor.

james

MOZ

« Reply #215 on: 28 Aug 2008, 05:04 pm »
That's what i though...
Ok, but the new DACs should perform better on 7.1 anyway  :thumb:

MOZ

« Reply #216 on: 28 Aug 2008, 05:10 pm »
Another question James,

I use the analog out of the BCD-1 and i let the SP2 redigitilize the analog in (not using the bypass)...in order to get a 2.1 out of the SP2 (need my sub, fronts are THX 80Hz).
I also get better results than if i let the SP2 get a bitstream from the BCD-1... even if it gets AD and then DA convertions...
Am i right doing that way ?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #217 on: 28 Aug 2008, 05:17 pm »
That's what i though...
Ok, but the new DACs should perform better on 7.1 anyway  :thumb:

Hi Moz,

You know its a good question about the DAC's being better.  We have run blind tests here with the older Crystal DAC (like in the BP26 and the B100) vs the newer Crystal DAC in the CD Player and the BDA-1.  So far no one can reliably tell the difference.  

As I have said before my feeling is the it is the fully discrete Class A Bryston analog proprietary circuits around the DAC's and the serious attantion to power supply and circuit routing rather than the specific DAC used that really sets the quality of the Bryston digital gear apart.

james
« Last Edit: 28 Aug 2008, 07:08 pm by James Tanner »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #218 on: 28 Aug 2008, 05:39 pm »
Another question James,

I use the analog out of the BCD-1 and i let the SP2 redigitilize the analog in (not using the bypass)...in order to get a 2.1 out of the SP2 (need my sub, fronts are THX 80Hz).
I also get better results than if i let the SP2 get a bitstream from the BCD-1... even if it gets AD and then DA convertions...
Am i right doing that way ?

Hi MOZ,

The way your doing it seems fine if the .1 is needed.
Always believe your ears.

james

brucek

« Reply #219 on: 28 Aug 2008, 06:38 pm »
use the analog out of the BCD-1 and i let the SP2 redigitilize the analog in (not using the bypass)...in order to get a 2.1 out of the SP2

You do realize that there is a code to enable the sub in analog bypass mode so as to obtain 2.1

brucek