SP 3.0?

Alpha10

Re: SP 3.0?
« Reply #1780 on: 2 Nov 2012, 04:49 pm »
James, it was the optical input that was not working, I pulled the power lead out of the back and re-started now all working.

Given everything is working and I have re-entered the speaker distances, is it worth defaulting the EEPROM or just leave it?

Thanks for your help.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1781 on: 2 Nov 2012, 05:17 pm »
James, it was the optical input that was not working, I pulled the power lead out of the back and re-started now all working.

Given everything is working and I have re-entered the speaker distances, is it worth defaulting the EEPROM or just leave it?

Thanks for your help.

Just leave it if all is OK.

james

mkaiser

« Reply #1782 on: 2 Nov 2012, 06:53 pm »
Hi Folks - Review on the Bryston SP-3 Preamp/Processor and 9B-SST2 five channel amplifier combo coming in the December Issue of Home Theater Magazine."

Looking forward to this review as I am going from 2 channel to this Bryston multichannel setup.  :thumb:

Mark

onthefly

« Reply #1783 on: 4 Nov 2012, 04:05 pm »
I've updated and I can see some of the new features but the status check via my laptop says:  EEPR SourcePar not init

I can't access the secret menu to see or change the HDMI DLY or see the HDMI 'sticky'.

So frustrating.  :scratch:

Buseto

« Reply #1784 on: 5 Nov 2012, 07:49 pm »
I suppose you have one of the first SP3. (Like me.)

Did you update to Fw version 2012.11?

Because version 2012.10c did show this information on my SP3, but not version 2012.11.

Alpha10

« Reply #1785 on: 5 Nov 2012, 07:52 pm »
I suppose you have one of the first SP3. (Like me.)

Did you update to Fw version 2012.11?

Because version 2012.10c did show this information on my SP3, but not version 2012.11.

My SP3 is quite early sn <200 and I see the info with fw 2012.11

M.

Ritchief

« Reply #1786 on: 5 Nov 2012, 09:53 pm »
My SP3 is now showing :

Error and status messages:

ETH bit error
EEPR SourcePar not init

Not sure what it means, but the unit still appears to be working...

Alpha10

« Reply #1787 on: 5 Nov 2012, 10:17 pm »
My SP3 is now showing :

Error and status messages:

ETH bit error
EEPR SourcePar not init

Not sure what it means, but the unit still appears to be working...

Yeah, mine shows:

IntFlash reprogramed
Pic32 prog chksum OK
EEPROM GlobPar not init
EEPR SourcePar not init
EEPROM GlobPar bad bkp

Seems to be working well, much faster than before  :thumb:

Cheers

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1788 on: 5 Nov 2012, 11:39 pm »
Hi Folks

Do not worry about any of the messages - they mean something to Stan our SP3 programmer but nothing to the end user to concern yourself with.

James

kosh2258

« Reply #1789 on: 6 Nov 2012, 01:30 am »
I've updated and I can see some of the new features but the status check via my laptop says:  EEPR SourcePar not init

I can't access the secret menu to see or change the HDMI DLY or see the HDMI 'sticky'.

So frustrating.  :scratch:

For some reason mine flatly refused to accept the firmware update.  I tried twice and it stayed stuck on f2012.05e.  The catch was I was using Firefox as the browser to access the SP3 web page.   So, for the heck of it I switched to using Internet Explorer and tried the upgrade again.  This time it worked.   So maybe there's something about the Firefox the upload process doesn't like?   Anyway, it finally updated.
« Last Edit: 6 Nov 2012, 11:01 am by kosh2258 »

Ritchief

« Reply #1790 on: 6 Nov 2012, 07:58 am »
Hi Folks

Do not worry about any of the messages - they mean something to Stan our SP3 programmer but nothing to the end user to concern yourself with.

James

James,

OK, thank you for that, I will put my worry beads down now, sit back and enjoy.

Rich.

Buseto

« Reply #1791 on: 6 Nov 2012, 03:18 pm »
James,

OK, thank you for that, I will put my worry beads down now, sit back and enjoy.

Rich.

Ik think it's the best thing to do - unless something weird is happening.

Vipers

« Reply #1792 on: 6 Nov 2012, 05:33 pm »
For some reason mine flatly refused to accept the firmware update.  I tried twice and it stayed stuck on f2012.05e.  The catch was I was using Firefox as the browser to access the SP3 web page.   So, for the heck of it I switched to using Internet Explorer and tried the upgrade again.  This time it worked.   So maybe there's something about the Firefox the upload process doesn't like?   Anyway, it finally updated.

I had exactly the same problem a little while ago when updating my BDP-1, it just wouldn't work with Chrome, after a couple of hours of frustration I switched to Firefox and it worked 1st time, bizzare.

Is there a recommended web browser for doing Updates James?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1793 on: 6 Nov 2012, 05:49 pm »
I had exactly the same problem a little while ago when updating my BDP-1, it just wouldn't work with Chrome, after a couple of hours of frustration I switched to Firefox and it worked 1st time, bizzare.

Is there a recommended web browser for doing Updates James?

I generally use Chrome and Safari.

james

Ritchief

SP3 - IP Control
« Reply #1794 on: 7 Nov 2012, 06:46 pm »
Hi All,

I am looking at purchasing / using the Demopad / Irule to control all my kit via the IPAD as my Nevo S70 keeps on crashing and is no longer supported as UEI went bust this year.

Firstly does anyone have any experience of this, be it good or bad and in particular related to Bryston and Oppo kit..

Also, can some one advise me if the SP3 can be controlled directly through the Ethernet port and if so, by what method, ie RS232 codes ..

Thank you in advance.

Rich.

gdbalp

« Reply #1795 on: 10 Nov 2012, 06:20 am »
Hi James,

It was nice to see you again at Audio One the other week...

As there will be an upgrade to the USB port in the near future to accept 24bit/192k bit streams.  I thought to ask first the capabilities of the optical output port and hope it would be capable of 24bit/192k as well.  Now, would it be possible to change the optical to a coaxial output or USB output port for digital PCM stream?

Ciao, Luigi

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1796 on: 10 Nov 2012, 11:55 am »
Hi James,

It was nice to see you again at Audio One the other week...

As there will be an upgrade to the USB port in the near future to accept 24bit/192k bit streams.  I thought to ask first the capabilities of the optical output port and hope it would be capable of 24bit/192k as well.  Now, would it be possible to change the optical to a coaxial output or USB output port for digital PCM stream?

Ciao, Luigi

Hi Luigi

Not sure i understand - are you asking if the Optical out can be changed to a USB  Or Coax ?  If so I do not think so because it would need a different backplate and different circuitry on the circuit board.

James

gdbalp

« Reply #1797 on: 10 Nov 2012, 04:55 pm »
Hi Again,

What I am asking is if the SP3 optical output is the capable of 24b/192k for a PCM bit stream.  Another question is if it can handle only 2 channels or more channels?

Therefore, if the USB is going to be upgraded in the near future, I would hope the optical output would be capable of 24b/192k as well.  This would allow for PCM bit stream bypass opportunities....

Ciao, Luigi

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1798 on: 10 Nov 2012, 05:04 pm »
Hi Again,

What I am asking is if the SP3 optical output is the capable of 24b/192k for a PCM bit stream.  Another question is if it can handle only 2 channels or more channels?

Therefore, if the USB is going to be upgraded in the near future, I would hope the optical output would be capable of 24b/192k as well.  This would allow for PCM bit stream bypass opportunities....

Ciao, Luigi

Ok got it - I do not think Optical will be updated. 

james

gdbalp

« Reply #1799 on: 11 Nov 2012, 11:48 pm »
Hi James,

Just for reference, what is present capability of the optical input and output ports?  I know the Coaxial inputs are capable of 24B/192k as I have tried them and they work great... :thumb:

Ciao, Luigi