• The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: SP 3.0?
« Reply #1760 on: 18 Oct 2012, 01:21 pm »
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:56 AM
To: 'James Tanner'
Subject: Purchase Order from Sound Video

Hello James,

Note my address change on the PO.  I was doing so much work up in the lakes region of northern MN I decided to move to my lake home and focus on my customers 2nd homes.  Same fax and phone #'s as before. Here is an order for an SP3.  Black, Blue LED, 17". 

This processor is a KILLER unit.

I'm taking in a Class'e SP800 on trade.  He listened to my demo.  We compared....  Bryston wins.  More open, more airy, more holographic.  But other than that it was a tie! :)

Let me know the ETA.
Thanks!
Steve

BrystonFan

« Reply #1761 on: 24 Oct 2012, 11:58 pm »
Hi James,
What's the current wait time for the SP3 ?
17" Black - "default"  :green: LEDs not the super duper "blue"  :lol:
Also, I assume they are built to order and would ship with the current firmware 5e is it?

Thank you Sir.

P.S. See you Saturday at Audio One!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1762 on: 25 Oct 2012, 02:46 am »
Hi James,
What's the current wait time for the SP3 ?
17" Black - "default"  :green: LEDs not the super duper "blue"  :lol:
Also, I assume they are built to order and would ship with the current firmware 5e is it?

Thank you Sir.

P.S. See you Saturday at Audio One!

Be about 2 weeks from order - they told me today we are 25 backordered.

James

Marius

« Reply #1763 on: 25 Oct 2012, 12:44 pm »
Hi James,

When will you be updating the SP3 with the hardware changes you've announced for the future/soontobe BDA2? Im trying to figure out what my best upgrade path is from my current bda1/bdp1 setup.

Thanks,
Marius

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1764 on: 25 Oct 2012, 02:46 pm »
Hi James,

When will you be updating the SP3 with the hardware changes you've announced for the future/soontobe BDA2? Im trying to figure out what my best upgrade path is from my current bda1/bdp1 setup.

Thanks,
Marius

It will be quite a while as we have to design the USB module.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1765 on: 25 Oct 2012, 04:16 pm »
Hi Folks - Review on the Bryston SP-3 Preamp/Processor and 9B-SST2 five channel amplifier combo coming in the December Issue of Home Theater Magazine  :thumb:

james

Alpha10

« Reply #1766 on: 25 Oct 2012, 06:02 pm »

james

James, will these be retro fit for existing owners or are you aiming at an SP4?

Cheers

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1767 on: 25 Oct 2012, 06:05 pm »
James, will these be retro fit for existing owners or are you aiming at an SP4?

Cheers

Retro-fit

james

Alpha10

« Reply #1768 on: 25 Oct 2012, 06:11 pm »
Retro-fit

james

Very interesting. Thank you.

Cheers

Marius

« Reply #1769 on: 25 Oct 2012, 10:03 pm »
Hi James,

Do you mean the usb-module of the BUC-1?
that's good to hear, but in fact I was referring to the new 32bit processor you use in the BDA2. Will you redesign/retrofit the SP3 with that too? Or would that make a sp4...

Marius

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1770 on: 25 Oct 2012, 10:38 pm »
Hi James,

Do you mean the usb-module of the BUC-1?
that's good to hear, but in fact I was referring to the new 32bit processor you use in the BDA2. Will you redesign/retrofit the SP3 with that too? Or would that make a sp4...

Marius

Yes I was referring to the USB module - 32 bit is a whole new product and I do not think the surround chips are going to go anywhere near that.

james

Marius

« Reply #1771 on: 26 Oct 2012, 04:20 pm »
I asked, because i was considering to update the bda1 with the sp3.... since you updated the bda1 to a bda2, the sp3 would be 'inferior' dac to the bda2, and no viable upgrade path... or would i be mistaken? the 32 bit chips could not be incorporated in the surround board hardware?

Marius

Yes I was referring to the USB module - 32 bit is a whole new product and I do not think the surround chips are going to go anywhere near that.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1772 on: 26 Oct 2012, 04:25 pm »
I asked, because i was considering to update the bda1 with the sp3.... since you updated the bda1 to a bda2, the sp3 would be 'inferior' dac to the bda2, and no viable upgrade path... or would i be mistaken? the 32 bit chips could not be incorporated in the surround board hardware?

Marius

I would say the 32 BIT chips may become available eventually but the priority for the movie industry and the standard appears to be 48k/16 bit for most movies at this point and bluray music discs appear to be 96/24 bit.

james

MOZ

« Reply #1773 on: 30 Oct 2012, 08:58 am »
Hi James,

Heard you were on a big deal with another big brand...
How things are going on ?  8)

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1774 on: 30 Oct 2012, 10:10 am »
Hi James,

Heard you were on a big deal with another big brand...
How things are going on ?  8)

What's the rumor?

James

MOZ

« Reply #1775 on: 30 Oct 2012, 10:31 am »
Well, i heard JBL Synthesis had chosen your SP3 for their new pre/pro (Lexicon MP20 is definitively down), after a great audition !
It's been saying that they're working with you to implement their Quantum logic DSP inside the futur rebadged SP3...
I was wondering how much "tweaking" will they make ?

mv038856

« Reply #1776 on: 30 Oct 2012, 08:35 pm »
Well, i heard JBL Synthesis had chosen your SP3 for their new pre/pro (Lexicon MP20 is definitively down), after a great audition !
It's been saying that they're working with you to implement their Quantum logic DSP inside the futur rebadged SP3...
I was wondering how much "tweaking" will they make ?

If that was true, Bryston could offer the SP-3 with the HARMAN digital board as a SP-3EQ...  :lol:

Cheers!

Markus

MOZ

« Reply #1777 on: 31 Oct 2012, 08:25 am »
In fact my question on the "tweaking" side was going this way... i'm thinking about the EQ system developped by JBL : ARCOS...
If it could be implemented inside the SP3 (with the quantum DSP), that would become "a killer" preamp for me  8) :D

Anyway, we'll have to wait for JBL announcement to know more as Bryston won't probably be allowed to talk before.

Bryston could offer the SP-3EQ
Well i guess you will have to buy the JBL version, i don't see JBL letting Bryston sell their product under it's name... or James would have done a real ******* deal  :thumb:

Alpha10

« Reply #1778 on: 2 Nov 2012, 03:27 pm »
James/Chris,

I have just updated my SP3 firmware to the current, while it was updating there was a message on the screen saying something like "Incorrect EEPROM!" and then it continued. I lost all my settings (which I assume is normal) but now I cannot get my Optical in to work, I have to go and restore all the other settings, but any ideas?

S/N = 182 if that helps

Cheers

EDIT - looks like it was only speaker distances was lost, most of the rest I have checked remain, still no Opto though

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1779 on: 2 Nov 2012, 04:43 pm »
James/Chris,

I have just updated my SP3 firmware to the current, while it was updating there was a message on the screen saying something like "Incorrect EEPROM!" and then it continued. I lost all my settings (which I assume is normal) but now I cannot get my Optical in to work, I have to go and restore all the other settings, but any ideas?

S/N = 182 if that helps

Cheers

EDIT - looks like it was only speaker distances was lost, most of the rest I have checked remain, still no Opto though

Hi,

1) Redefault all EEPROM by going to MISCELLANEOUS, scrolling down to the bottom (3 screens down), unlocking the hidden screen by pressing ZONE,DVD and TAPE (one at a time, in this order), then scroll further down to parameter called "DEFAULT EEPROM".  Select "DOIT!" then press left key to exit menu.  This will execute the defaulting procedure. 
Re-insert your own configuration manually.

2) To re-enable Toslink output, go to SOURCE SETUP-->OTHER-->DIGI OUT change ZONEDAC to TOSLINK selection and exit menu.