SP 3.0?

Alpha10

Re: SP 3.0?
« Reply #1600 on: 15 Mar 2012, 07:11 pm »
Got this today from Home Cinema Choice Magazine in the UK for the Bryston SP-3 Processor:

james

Congratulations James, I read the review in the train station yesterday, he did love it. I would get them to write an update next issue though, as there is a photo of the remote with a caption saying it has NO back-light! clearly didn't read the manual...

Cheers

Ritchief

« Reply #1601 on: 20 Mar 2012, 08:22 pm »
Hi James,

Thanks for the reply, that definitely makes sense, but for some reason it still seems a little hit and miss, can you try it when you get a minute and let me know how you get on.

Maybe I just need an Ipad 3 :)

James~ I have bought the iPad3 and I confirm that the volume control via the  iPad 3 does not work. The button just flashes and does not accept either a new volume number or by backspacing / delete.

Rich.

PS loving my wife's new Ipad3 that I bought her !!!!!

Ritchief

« Reply #1602 on: 21 Mar 2012, 07:39 pm »
Hi guys,

Just like to update my last post. I have just installed SP3_05 and I am very happy to report that the SP3 does work via the Ipad.

You select the volume box, backspace / delete the figures and enter a new number and then press the volume circle..

Excellent. BZ to Bryston !!!

James - really looking for forward to the Ipad Bryston App that will hopefully integrate both the SP3 & BDP-1.#

Alpha10

« Reply #1603 on: 21 Mar 2012, 07:50 pm »

James - really looking for forward to the Ipad Bryston App that will hopefully integrate both the SP3 & BDP-1.#

That is an interesting last line, can you tell us more James, or was it wishful thinking. If it is real then I will go out an get an Ipad3 tomorrow  :D

Cheers

SHV

« Reply #1604 on: 21 Mar 2012, 10:14 pm »
Just sucked it up and ordered an SP3.  Can it be controlled with Safari and I-Phone?  Just thinking about outdoor speakers via SP3 zone and BDP/BDA.  BDP works well with MPod, would be nice to be able to control SP3 volume via I-Phone.  (This would be a big plus for the WAF)

Steve

Ritchief

« Reply #1605 on: 22 Mar 2012, 08:18 am »
Just sucked it up and ordered an SP3.  Can it be controlled with Safari and I-Phone?  Just thinking about outdoor speakers via SP3 zone and BDP/BDA.  BDP works well with MPod, would be nice to be able to control SP3 volume via I-Phone.  (This would be a big plus for the WAF)

Steve

Congratulations !!!!..

I don't have an iphone or apple computer, but I assume that if it works on an Ipad it will equally work on those two devices.

Vipers

« Reply #1606 on: 23 Mar 2012, 10:15 am »
Hi guys,
Just like to update my last post. I have just installed SP3_05 and I am very happy to report that the SP3 does work via the Ipad.

Thanks for the update Ritchief, is that new SP3 firmware? I'm at work and not sure what I am on at the moment, great news if the volume works via the Ipad as I had a real problem to get it working reliably last time I tried.

Ritchief

« Reply #1607 on: 23 Mar 2012, 11:52 am »
Thanks for the update Ritchief, is that new SP3 firmware? I'm at work and not sure what I am on at the moment, great news if the volume works via the Ipad as I had a real problem to get it working reliably last time I tried.

Yes, the SP3 Firmware  2012.05 was uploaded on or around the 6th March, but I only checked the website this week. It appears that a lot of back ground updates were included in this update which, whilst not clearly identified, has alllowed volume control to work from the Ipad.

Buseto

« Reply #1608 on: 23 Mar 2012, 12:03 pm »
I updated the Firmware  for the SP3 a few weeks ago.

But I would like to see on the Bryston website information when new firmware or other information (e.g. an updated manual) is available.

Ritchief

« Reply #1609 on: 23 Mar 2012, 11:20 pm »
I updated the Firmware  for the SP3 a few weeks ago.

But I would like to see on the Bryston website information when new firmware or other information (e.g. an updated manual) is available.

I would love to see Bryston having a database of all SP3, BDP1 owners etc and when new firmware was released they emailed it directly to SP3, BDP1 owners etc

James - is this a possibility ?

Ritchief

« Reply #1610 on: 23 Mar 2012, 11:21 pm »
 :D

SHV

« Reply #1611 on: 23 Mar 2012, 11:36 pm »
I would love to see Bryston having a database of all SP3, BDP1 owners etc and when new firmware was released they emailed it directly to SP3, BDP1 owners etc

James - is this a possibility ?

It would be nice if the Bryston Web site had a list of latest software, release notes and download ability for registered users.  The current system of software management isn't up to Bryston's usual service standards. 

Steve

Ritchief

WARNING - Ipad Volume Control on the SP3.0
« Reply #1612 on: 24 Mar 2012, 09:11 am »
Fellow SP3 & Ipad owners...

A word of warning, be very careful when entering a new number on the volume control via the Ipad because if you remove the "-" (minus) sign and enter a new number, the SP3 goes into full volume control..

For example I was happily listening to some music at -38 and thought that I could do with a few more db's so changed it via the Ipad to 3. However I had removed all the minus sign, thus the SP3 climbed in volume from -38 to + 12 MAX VOLUME  :duh:.....the house exploded with noise and I had to quickly get to the SP3 to quickly wind down the volume...

So, James, I think that we need to some firmware assistance here. Is there any chance of having a "Max Volume" setting within the setup menu to remedy this "user" error. Please....

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: WARNING - Ipad Volume Control on the SP3.0
« Reply #1613 on: 24 Mar 2012, 12:05 pm »
Fellow SP3 & Ipad owners...

A word of warning, be very careful when entering a new number on the volume control via the Ipad because if you remove the "-" (minus) sign and enter a new number, the SP3 goes into full volume control..

For example I was happily listening to some music at -38 and thought that I could do with a few more db's so changed it via the Ipad to 3. However I had removed all the minus sign, thus the SP3 climbed in volume from -38 to + 12 MAX VOLUME  :duh:.....the house exploded with noise and I had to quickly get to the SP3 to quickly wind down the volume...

So, James, I think that we need to some firmware assistance here. Is there any chance of having a "Max Volume" setting within the setup menu to remedy this "user" error. Please....

Thanks - I will forward to Stan (SP-3 software engineer) and have him look at that.

james

Vipers

« Reply #1614 on: 24 Mar 2012, 12:17 pm »
Yes, the SP3 Firmware  2012.05 was uploaded on or around the 6th March, but I only checked the website this week.

Thanks Rich, sounds like I'm an update behind, I've just checked on Brystons Main Site under technical but there doesn't seem to be a firmware download for the SP3, am I missing something somewhere?

Ritchief

« Reply #1615 on: 24 Mar 2012, 02:16 pm »
Thanks Rich, sounds like I'm an update behind, I've just checked on Brystons Main Site under technical but there doesn't seem to be a firmware download for the SP3, am I missing something somewhere?

Vipers, as per the below link which is found via the SP3 "Help" webpage at the bottom of the page.

ftp://bryston.com/pub/fw/sp3/

Ritchief

« Reply #1616 on: 24 Mar 2012, 02:18 pm »
Thanks - I will forward to Stan (SP-3 software engineer) and have him look at that.

james

Thank you - as all ways, we can rely on you and the team to react to our requests. :thumb:

Rich.

Alpha10

« Reply #1617 on: 24 Mar 2012, 03:09 pm »
Thank you - as all ways, we can rely on you and the team to react to our requests. :thumb:

Rich.

Here here  :D

James it was mentioned above, but not sure how real it is, do you think we will see a combined SP3/BDP-1 IPad App??

It would be cool  :thumb:

Cheers

Vipers

« Reply #1618 on: 24 Mar 2012, 04:34 pm »
Vipers, as per the below link which is found via the SP3 "Help" webpage at the bottom of the page.
 ftp://bryston.com/pub/fw/sp3/

Nice one Rich, I'll update tomorrow and make sure I keep the - in when changing volume, be great to be able use the Ipad though, now I really do need a Ipad 3 :)

Vipers

« Reply #1619 on: 24 Mar 2012, 04:36 pm »
do you think we will see a combined SP3/BDP-1 IPad App??

+1 from me on that one :thumb: