any literature already available? (except the manual of course...) :eyebrows:

al.

Hi Al

No - sorry I am working on it but a few weeks out at this point.  :duh:

James

Vipers

Re: SP 3.0?
« Reply #1201 on: 15 Oct 2011, 09:55 pm »
Well James, on your head be it :wink: after your words or re-assurance that the SP3 will perform as well as my BP26-MC for 2ch I've just sold my BP26 today and placed my order for the SP3 :)

I can't believe I've ordered a £10,000 processor without even hearing it, that just shows the faith we have in you guys at Bryston :thumb:

Any chance you could do me a special build and include a phono stage in the SP3 :) I'm going to miss that feature from my BP26 as the phono stage in that was fantastic, looks like I'll be placing an order for a BP-1.5 once I've saved up some more pennies.

1oldguy

« Reply #1202 on: 15 Oct 2011, 10:31 pm »
Hi Viper....Flexibility was the reason I went with a standard BP-26 and bought the bryston phone stage separately.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1203 on: 16 Oct 2011, 04:03 am »
Well James, on your head be it :wink: after your words or re-assurance that the SP3 will perform as well as my BP26-MC for 2ch I've just sold my BP26 today and placed my order for the SP3 :)

I can't believe I've ordered a £10,000 processor without even hearing it, that just shows the faith we have in you guys at Bryston :thumb:

Any chance you could do me a special build and include a phono stage in the SP3 :) I'm going to miss that feature from my BP26 as the phono stage in that was fantastic, looks like I'll be placing an order for a BP-1.5 once I've saved up some more pennies.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

james

Vipers

« Reply #1204 on: 16 Oct 2011, 05:26 pm »
Hi Viper....Flexibility was the reason I went with a standard BP-26 and bought the bryston phone stage separately.

Yes, I'll order a BP-1.5 asap as I was really pleased with the quality of the phono stage in my BP26, I'm just trying to decide if to go with another MPS2, now that I've obviously sold mine with the BP26, to power the BP-1.5 along with the BHA-1, I guess it is worthwhile?

Alpha10

« Reply #1205 on: 16 Oct 2011, 05:33 pm »
Yes, I'll order a BP-1.5 asap as I was really pleased with the quality of the phono stage in my BP26, I'm just trying to decide if to go with another MPS2, now that I've obviously sold mine with the BP26, to power the BP-1.5 along with the BHA-1, I guess it is worthwhile?

Have you thought about using a BIT instead of the MPS2 and running everything through it?

Vipers

« Reply #1206 on: 16 Oct 2011, 09:54 pm »
Have you thought about using a BIT instead of the MPS2 and running everything through it?

Hi Alpha,
I guess that makes sense, I keep looking at the BIT and keep meaning to get some more information on the 3 different kinds and what would be best for my system, maybe once I've got the SP3 I'll look into it a little further.
Thanks.

gravy

• -Scott
« Reply #1207 on: 18 Oct 2011, 05:45 pm »
Saw this blurb on processor upgrade program.

http://www.hifihouse.com/hdliving/learning-center/2011/10/bryston-sp-3-preamp-processor-upgrade-program-2/

I was actually expecting to see something on here first!  Is this the real deal, James?  If so, can you expand on the logistics?

If this information isn't correct, go ahead and delete this post to avoid any confusion!!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1208 on: 18 Oct 2011, 06:05 pm »
Saw this blurb on processor upgrade program.

http://www.hifihouse.com/hdliving/learning-center/2011/10/bryston-sp-3-preamp-processor-upgrade-program-2/

I was actually expecting to see something on here first!  Is this the real deal, James?  If so, can you expand on the logistics?

If this information isn't correct, go ahead and delete this post to avoid any confusion!!

Hi

We sent it out to the dealers to get some feedback.

james

mv038856

« Reply #1209 on: 18 Oct 2011, 07:35 pm »
Hi

We sent it out to the dealers to get some feedback.

james

Good that I have sold my SP-2 Upgrade for EUR 2,400... I still think that is a fair price for the unit. It is worth it.

Lets see into how much trade in credit the $1,500 are transferred into EUR.

Cheers!

Markus

BrystonFan

« Reply #1210 on: 18 Oct 2011, 11:01 pm »
Hi James,
So the figures are preliminary and may change based on dealer feedback ?
SP2 = $1,500 towards the purchase of SP3...

Where is the official Bryston press release ?  :icon_surprised:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1211 on: 18 Oct 2011, 11:11 pm »
Hi James,
So the figures are preliminary and may change based on dealer feedback ?
SP2 = $1,500 towards the purchase of SP3...

Where is the official Bryston press release ?  :icon_surprised:

Correct- We wanted some feedback and so far it looks like it will be official. 

James

john1970

« Reply #1212 on: 19 Oct 2011, 11:14 pm »
I just found out from my dealer that my SP3 should ship tomorrow from Bryston.  I cannot wait for it to arrive.  I feel like a small child waiting for Santa at Christmas.... :D :D

I will provide feedback on this site once I have it installed.

John

SoundGame

« Reply #1213 on: 19 Oct 2011, 11:43 pm »
Correct- We wanted some feedback and so far it looks like it will be official. 

James

In these trade-in deals, what actually happens to the traded-in gear?  Does the dealer keep it for resale as used?  Does the dealer ship it back to Bryston and receive a full cash credit against their account with Bryston?  If the latter, what will Bryston do with all the used processors - will they be restored to original spec and sold to family and friends etc. or will they be sold to a recycling company?  It always makes me wonder what happens to all the traded in gear.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1214 on: 19 Oct 2011, 11:56 pm »

In these trade-in deals, what actually happens to the traded-in gear?  Does the dealer keep it for resale as used?  Does the dealer ship it back to Bryston and receive a full cash credit against their account with Bryston?  If the latter, what will Bryston do with all the used processors - will they be restored to original spec and sold to family and friends etc. or will they be sold to a recycling company?  It always makes me wonder what happens to all the traded in gear.

All the units come back to Bryston and the dealer gets a credit. We are thinking a fix up and a resell might be a good idea. Magnepan is interested in a tri-center version of the SP -2.

James

SoundGame

« Reply #1215 on: 20 Oct 2011, 12:22 am »
Hey James - perhaps an initial offer of some of them to the Bryston Circle folks would be nice... ;)

kostisgva

« Reply #1216 on: 23 Oct 2011, 06:29 pm »
Hi James,

I live in Geneva, Switzerland. Tomorrow morning I will order the SP3(black). Hope it will perfectly match my four 4bsst2(3 working in bridged mode for LCR speakers and 1 in stereo mode for SL&SR). Hope you agree :) L&R speakers are the B&W 802d series the center is the HTM2 Diamond. What do you think of this combination?
Will I get it before year end? Thank you and all the best !javascript:void(0);

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1217 on: 23 Oct 2011, 11:23 pm »
Hi James,

I live in Geneva, Switzerland. Tomorrow morning I will order the SP3(black). Hope it will perfectly match my four 4bsst2(3 working in bridged mode for LCR speakers and 1 in stereo mode for SL&SR). Hope you agree :) L&R speakers are the B&W 802d series the center is the HTM2 Diamond. What do you think of this combination?
Will I get it before year end? Thank you and all the best !javascript:void(0);

Hi - great system :thumb:  No problem getting you AB SP3 for Christmas :thumb:

James

kostisgva

« Reply #1218 on: 24 Oct 2011, 06:56 pm »
Hi - great system :thumb:  No problem getting you AB SP3 for Christmas :thumb:

James

Ordered it today together with with a bdp-1! Fyi, the SP3 will replace an Anthem D2v2 in my main home theater system, hope I won't regret it........:)

klao

« Reply #1219 on: 26 Oct 2011, 07:55 am »
Serial #10 has already arrived to Thailand; and I'm green with envy my lucky audiophile compatriot.   :green: