ob series?

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
ob series?
« on: 16 Jan 2008, 10:21 pm »
-What happened to the OB series? I don't see them listed on the website anymore.

RAW

Re: ob series?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jan 2008, 10:27 pm »
Poor sales
Not a product fault but just no sales.
People who were lucky and built the first 8 pairs we sold for below cost were happy.But after the promo to get them going  the sales stopped .If someone wanted a open baffle they just went to a OB5 or OB7.
But really for most people and I do mean most a small open baffle kit like the discontinued OB2X and OB3X fit into rooms with no issues of acoustic problems like larger open baffles.
The same applies with the RA8.No sales over 7 months.There for it is gone as well

Open baffles the larger they are the more room they require from all walls , like 4-5 feet.

If you are interested we can get one together for you, but we will not stock the parts for the OB series any longer at all.

Sonny

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jan 2008, 10:47 pm »
also, what ever happened to the RA8 series speakers???
they are no longer listed on the Raw Acoustics site??? :scratch:

RAW

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jan 2008, 10:51 pm »
Sonny
See above.

No sales in almost a year.
Another ords a dead model.
Had more SPL than the OB series but again lookers just purchased the OB5 or 7.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2008, 12:53 am »
Al,

I'm curious, how do you know that the buyers went for the OB5 or OB7? Did you end up asking the prospective buyers who were interested in the OB2X/OB3X/RA8 speakers what they ended up buying?

Thanks,
Anand.

RAW

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jan 2008, 02:53 am »
 Yes a few I had a lot of contact with and just went to the OB7 skipped the OB5.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #6 on: 17 Jan 2008, 04:59 am »
What I really like about the OB2X is the small footprint.  At 8 X 6.5 inches it's like a tall mini monitor without the hassle of stands making it easy to move in and out of place as required.

I bought the demo/prototype a few weeks back and still intend on posting some comments, but I am waiting to hear them with yet some more different gear in yet another room.

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #7 on: 17 Jan 2008, 06:15 pm »
Same thing happened to the RAV-6:  I built them, but they were only recently reviewed.  Very good review, but unfortunately, the review came out a while after Al deleted the speaker from his web site for lack of sales.  :(