New B series coming

RAW

New B series coming
« on: 16 Jan 2008, 12:00 am »
Using a  small soft dome tweeter
There will be a B series coming, MT,MTM plus a 3way with both the MT as well as the MTM.

All will be designed for the Parts Express curved cabinets for the DIY.
Plus all parts (less the drivers) can be purchased direct (with a list we provide) from Parts Express .This will make a cost friendly series of kits using the FR125S driver plus the SDX7 woofer in the 3way matched with a Hi-Vi tweeter.

Out first will be the TMW design using the .25cft cabinet for the MT sealed and the 1cft ported with the SDX7 tuned in the cabinet to 27hz.
Drivers we will provide for $299.99 for the TMW and crossover parts you can order direct from Parts Express ,starting from $135.00 including the Dayton Bypass caps as well.

More information as we get them finished.With the TMW done first it will be ready to release in a few days.

OK cost break down for this new 3 way
$182.99 Dayton caps with film and foil bypass caps with 15g inductors on the mid and tweeter and a 16g Iron Core on the woofer
2-2" flared ports you must cut to length
4-Binding posts ( 1 pair for each of the cabinets all these holes are pre drilled)
2-Speaker spikes tapered cone
8-rubber feet to isolate the MT cabinet from the lower cabinet of vibrations
40-screws
1-screw driver bit
$299.99 2-SDX7 XBL^2 woofers 2-FR125S XBL^2 midwoofers 2-dome tweeters direct from us
$35.79 PE foam and a roll of 16g wire
4- sheets of acoustic foam to line the TM cabinet as well as the woofer cabinet
1-50ft roll of speaker wire
$135.85 .25cft 2 curved cabinets (must cut driver holes)
2-.25cft cabinets available in Cherry,Maple and Black
$259.54 1cft 2 curved cabinets (must cut driver holes) $129.77 each
2-1cft cabinets available in Cherry,Maple, and Black

Total $914.16 for all the parts plus shipping.
Shipping on the drivers $42.00

Shipping direct from PE on all the parts.Watch as they have FREE Shipping from time to time.

Over all a 3way design for less than $1000.00 and you put in the labour for cutting the baffles, assembling the crossovers and assembly

We can provide all the package as a kit delivered to your door or we will provide the drivers and parts list and you order your own parts selecting your own brand of capacitors and inductors.
Or complete
$1399.00 plus shipping
in one of the finish options above

« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2008, 06:03 pm by RAW »

RAW

Re: New series coming
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jan 2008, 10:19 pm »
Updated with a few photos.

mcgsxr

Re: New B series coming
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jan 2008, 01:41 am »
Nice look, and I know how the XBL motors perform, any ideas where a Canuck can buy the cabinets?

RAW

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2008, 02:54 am »
We can supply them as well :green:

Bryce

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2008, 09:49 am »
What tweeter is that?
Is the FR125S the new one with the more open frame?
Is the FR125S Enabl'd?
And is that price ($299) for a complete stereo pair?  Or should we double that to have a pair of speakers?
Thanks

bushbison

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jan 2008, 01:15 pm »
Mr. Al
Looks awesome as always! :o
Just a quick question: will you also look into supplying kits with all of the wiring setup ("plug and play") for us goofs (i.e. people like me)who can barely change a light bulb, never mind wire up a cross-over??  :D

Anyway, great to see you're back with some new models, and I hope all is going well with you!!

FENCE-SITTERS: You REALLY have to see and hear Al's products.... simply wonderful :thumb:... his attention to detail is bar-none and he is a great guy!!!
-Jason

Brian Bunge

« Reply #6 on: 17 Jan 2008, 04:08 pm »
If it's not something Al has time for or just doesn't want to do, I'd be more than happy to help out.  Al has recommended me to his customers before.

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #7 on: 17 Jan 2008, 06:11 pm »
I can help with X-overs too and can do cabinets if someone wants other than PE, although they are well-made and a bargain.

Brian Bunge

« Reply #8 on: 17 Jan 2008, 06:13 pm »
Wow, Hank!  They actually let you out of your hole enough to work on speakers again?;)

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #9 on: 17 Jan 2008, 06:17 pm »
I have a spare hour every once in a while.  Right now I'm recovering from CES and into work generated by all the meetings there.  I've actually received four RFQ's in the last few months.
How are things in sunny Florida?

RAW

« Reply #10 on: 17 Jan 2008, 07:03 pm »
Just updated the information .Measurements will come soon as well

Yes we can arrange for Hank or Brian to do the full assembly for anyone interested.There is no sense on all these parts to come into Canada  assemble them and then ship them back into the US.Both of these guy's have my seal of approval there quality is stellar both in cabinety work as well as assembly.

RAW

« Reply #11 on: 18 Jan 2008, 06:02 pm »
What tweeter is that?
Is the FR125S the new one with the more open frame?
Is the FR125S Enabl'd?
And is that price ($299) for a complete stereo pair?  Or should we double that to have a pair of speakers?
Thanks

Hi-Vi T20-8 is the tweeter
Yes the FR125S new open frame (better venting around the spyder)
No the FR125S is not Enabl'd but for an addition charge we can have them done

The price of $299.99 is for the drivers ONLY all other parts you can source from PE with the cabinets.

Really in one weekend you can complete all the cutting of the baffles for the driver holes, assemble the crossovers and install the parts.

Last the port can be rear ported or front ported your choice.

mumbles

« Reply #12 on: 18 Jan 2008, 06:18 pm »
Hi Al,
Good luck with your new designs. What is the cost to have a driver Enabl'd?

Brian Bunge

« Reply #13 on: 18 Jan 2008, 07:14 pm »
"Sunny Florida" is cool, dark and rainy today.  Cool=low 70's around here! ;)

RAW

« Reply #14 on: 19 Jan 2008, 07:34 pm »
Hi Al,
Good luck with your new designs. What is the cost to have a driver Enabl'd?

Richard
Thanks for the input toward the new series.
As far as the Enabl process cost on the drivers we can have it done for an additional charge but we also the same process will soon be available on the woofers as well.

Cost for the treatment only on the drivers $110.00 for the pair of FR125S drivers plus shipping costs to send the drivers to be treated as we do not do the process here.

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
« Reply #15 on: 19 Jan 2008, 07:42 pm »
Al pointed me at this tread, and i'd like to add a few comments as the guy that actually does the EnABL.

At the moment, we are still working thru the logistics of accepting drivers from end-users for treatment. Actually this is so new we are still working on logistics of regular production for ourselves & OEM customers (ie RAW). We are accepting small numbers of drivers from patient end-users who are willing to help us work out & test logistics.

Please contact Al or me for details.

dave