SOLD**: Dodd battery pre in Rosewood !!! $2500

Big Red Machine

Re: For Sale: Dodd battery pre in Rosewood !!!
« Reply #20 on: 14 Feb 2008, 12:21 pm »
still for sale :scratch:

IronLion

« Reply #21 on: 14 Feb 2008, 06:36 pm »
Is it true what I read on 10 Audio's review about this pre that it only uses one half of the tubes that it runs, so they can be switched when one side weakens and its like having brand new tubes?  I remember this from the review but its not on Gary's website and is a fairly big selling point in my view...

jman66

« Reply #22 on: 14 Feb 2008, 07:14 pm »
Is it true what I read on 10 Audio's review about this pre that it only uses one half of the tubes that it runs, so they can be switched when one side weakens and its like having brand new tubes?  I remember this from the review but its not on Gary's website and is a fairly big selling point in my view...
Yes, each channel uses the opposite triode section. So, when it's time for new tubes, just swap left & right tubes.
Excellent feature, especially when it comes to pricey NOS tubes.

IronLion

« Reply #23 on: 14 Feb 2008, 07:17 pm »
Anybody know the dimensions of this pre? 

jman66

« Reply #24 on: 14 Feb 2008, 07:42 pm »
Anybody know the dimensions of this pre? 
18 ¼" W x 10 ¾" D x 4" H approx.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #25 on: 14 Feb 2008, 08:38 pm »
All of the batteries run at the same time now.  So there is no longer a switching back and forth between 2 pairs of batteries.

IronLion

« Reply #26 on: 14 Feb 2008, 08:41 pm »
Whats the run-time?  Because in the previous switching configuration it could theoretically run continually right?  Or is that still somehow the case?

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #27 on: 14 Feb 2008, 08:52 pm »
I can run mine about 20 hours on a charge.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #28 on: 19 Feb 2008, 12:25 pm »
bump

S Clark

« Reply #29 on: 20 Feb 2008, 06:39 am »
This deserves a bump.  great preamp/great price :inlove:

Big Red Machine

Re: For Sale: Dodd battery pre in Rosewood !!! $2500
« Reply #30 on: 20 Feb 2008, 12:40 pm »
New price:  $2500

:duh:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #31 on: 20 Feb 2008, 01:38 pm »
I am really tempted to try this one but you know I already have 2 preamps that I like.  The last one at this asking price sold pretty quickly.  I am sure yours will too.  Good luck.

P.S.  Why not keep it until the economy stimulating tax rebate checks hits the street?

Big Red Machine

« Reply #32 on: 20 Feb 2008, 03:48 pm »
sold

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Re: SOLD**: Dodd battery pre in Rosewood !!! $2500
« Reply #33 on: 20 Feb 2008, 03:50 pm »
That was quick.  :thumb:

Big Red Machine

« Reply #34 on: 20 Feb 2008, 04:50 pm »
It was a conspiracy against you! :uzi:

Big Red Machine

« Reply #35 on: 26 Feb 2008, 11:05 pm »
For some reason the fella who purchased this is pissed at me.  He says it had defects that I should have made him aware of.  Loose screw and a battery does not fit inside due to some mechanical issue.  And the battery charging system is not the new system.  I had no loose screws that I knew of and never opened the unit nor touched the batteries and tubes.  So should I be aware of this when I am under the premise I am passing along a brand new fully functional unit that I am deliberately trying not to fondle?  I was under the impression that the flyer in the box stating the 4 batteries were now all on at one time WAS the new battery charging system.  So I'll probably end up taking a negative Audiogon hit due to issues or perceptions outside my control.

miklorsmith

« Reply #36 on: 26 Feb 2008, 11:14 pm »
Sorry mon, that sucks.  I had a similar experience recently.  It is a major bummer but the "system" isn't perfect and has risks.  ugh.

Wolfman

« Reply #37 on: 27 Feb 2008, 01:32 am »
BRM-I'm not absolutely sure,but I believe you have to agree to the neg before the buyer can post. At the very least,in this case you could dispute it. Sounds like you have good reasons here. A lot of times people get pissed quickly,but thru discussion can be made to see your point if they're not complete a**holes. However,sometimes the best you can do is a neutral instead.
Good luck.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #38 on: 27 Feb 2008, 02:19 am »
I feel bad that he feels like he got ripped off when I thought I was passing along a pristine new unit direct from the factory so to speak.  I want all my customers to feel they got a fair deal.

miklorsmith

« Reply #39 on: 27 Feb 2008, 04:53 am »
Nope, actually you don't have to agree.  I had big arguments in my favor but there was no response from Agon or the other party and the feedback was just posted.  I actually felt the *new better* system was a transparent sham in my case.