quality control

kyrill

quality control
« on: 11 Jan 2008, 11:07 pm »
Vinnie
do you do a final listening test to the the amps /mods that leave your "factory/office" and/or have you (partly) delegated it to ears you trust?
I am just curious

Let me explain
the more mundane a product is, the more mainstream quality filters can be applied to check the final product. The more special and refined or supreme high quality the product becomes, the less default ears or procedures can guarantee the high level of quality. That is why every single Porsche is tested by a company "race"driver before it leaves the compound. That is why the best Bybees up until shortly, were still made by the high age master himself

:)
Kyrill
« Last Edit: 11 Jan 2008, 11:17 pm by kyrill »

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: quality control
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2008, 02:48 am »
Vinnie
do you do a final listening test to the the amps /mods that leave your "factory/office" and/or have you (partly) delegated it to ears you trust?
I am just curious

Kyrill

Hi Kyrill,

Good question, and the answer is YES.  Not only do I do the final listening test, but I also do an inspection of my products at different stages in the built, as well as a final inspection.  All assembly is done at Red Wine Audio and I am here every day with my workers, and I do quite a lot of the assembly as well.   :banghead:

Thanks for your post,

Vinnie

cfcjb

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan 2008, 04:51 am »
Bravo Vinnie!
Nice to know that you are still steering the ship, even if it has grown for a row boat to the QE2.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2008, 03:23 am »
Bravo Vinnie!
Nice to know that you are still steering the ship, even if it has grown for a row boat to the QE2.

Hi cfcjb,

As long as the product says "Red Wine Audio," I am the one steering the ship.  I admit to being a "control freak," but I need to have control over everything.  This is why everything is made in house (not in some other country) and I take much pride in this and will NOT have it any other way.

Best regards,

Vinnie