Plate Amp Deal

Kevin Haskins

Plate Amp Deal
« on: 8 Jan 2008, 10:15 pm »
Hey... I don't sell these but I figured I'd give people the heads-up on a good deal.

MCM has a 300W Keiga plate amp on sale for $90 plus shipping.    This isn't enough to take full advantage of all the Shiva-X or Tempest-X has to offer but it would still give killer output.    Figure for $255 you have a plate amp + world-class woofer with some extra safety margin for woofer operation.    With a 500W amp most of the Shiva-X or Tempest-X builds gain another 2 db of output but the cost of a good 500W amp is around $230.    For someone on a budget, this is a good solution.

http://www.mcminone.com/product.asp?...me=MCMProducts

Enter product code:  EMC026

JoshK

Re: Plate Amp Deal
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jan 2008, 10:18 pm »
bad url...

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jan 2008, 10:22 pm »

gprro

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2008, 10:53 pm »
any idea if it has a subsonic filter or if you can mod it for a low end boost?

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jan 2008, 11:19 pm »
I don't know.... I'm just passing on the news.   

The O-Audio 500W BASH amps are a better match for Shiva-X & Tempest-X but its over twice the $$$

They have an adjustable high-pass, single band PEQ & 4th order variable low-pass filter.    Your into $239 plus shipping for them but if I where taking the time to build a sub, I'd spend the extra money.   

happy

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2008, 04:55 am »
Thanks for the tip, I figured for the price I would give one of these a try... should be here in a few days.

Anyway, which sub would you recommend I use with a 100-130L enclosure for predominantly music and some HT duty?  A sealed Tempest-X maybe?

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #6 on: 19 Jan 2008, 06:54 pm »
Thanks for the tip, I figured for the price I would give one of these a try... should be here in a few days.

Anyway, which sub would you recommend I use with a 100-130L enclosure for predominantly music and some HT duty?  A sealed Tempest-X maybe?

For that size box your best choice is either the ported or sealed Shiva-X.    The ported version will have more extension & output down low.