Linked Events

• Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2008: 10 Oct 2008 - 12 Oct 2008

RMAF 2008

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: RMAF 2008
« Reply #100 on: 25 Sep 2008, 03:18 am »
Some helpful hints...to get the most from the show... :wink:

There's going to be a lot of rooms to see - even more this year...so plan ahead. Figure out what you want to see early...and go there first. Look this over....

http://audiofest.net/2008/exhibitor_listing.php?ex=ALL&Sid=0ae835e97fc53c9b95c514207927c98b

Note the room numbers...and location. This is my 4th. time going...and the past three, I never saw it all....and I tried... :?
This year I've listed 45 rooms to visit....I hope. :wink:

Compare notes with your fellow AC members...whats sounding good....or interesting.
Then check it out..... :wink:

The elevators can get a little slow....at the end of the halls there are stairs...use them to go up or down for a floor or two...its faster.

Music...bring some....tunes you know...to compare systems. Now...sometimes....cdr's don't work well...bring the real thing. :wink:

Have fun and enjoy the show...it really is a good one...and its great to meet other AC members...thats the best part. See you there.... :beer:

Chris

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #101 on: 25 Sep 2008, 03:34 am »
Rob,

If you are up for a mt ride I'd be in. I'd suggest Brainard Lake as the place to go for great trails and a backcountry experience... You need to be a solid intermediate rider who enjoys technical challenges though... this is the case for a lot of CO riding.

PM me if you want, so we don't derail the thread.

Here's a few pics from the last day of summer... 9-20-08

stereocilia

« Reply #102 on: 25 Sep 2008, 03:40 am »
My wife, Vera, and I are looking forward to RMAF and to meeting everyone.  I suspect Vera will be interested to learn if any of the other wives will be interested in shopping or other activities in Denver. 

Time is drawing near!  :thumb: :hyper: :banana piano:

Ken

Perhaps Nicole, my wife, could give some insight to where the shopping hot-spots are located since she takes business trips to Denver enough to know how to find them.  On the other hand, splitting up for shopping and audio-fest attending risks some sort of spending frenzy.  I'm thinking we'll stick together for as much she can stand it, I'm hoping she'll have more fun at RMAF than she's bargaining for.

And, lonewolfny42, I know wise counsel when I hear it.  

lonewolfny42

« Reply #103 on: 26 Sep 2008, 02:11 pm »
TWO WEEKS...

Frank S.

« Reply #104 on: 26 Sep 2008, 07:43 pm »
See you at the bar!  :beer:

brj

« Reply #105 on: 26 Sep 2008, 08:57 pm »
Quote from: DaveC113
If you are up for a mt ride I'd be in. I'd suggest Brainard Lake as the place to go for great trails and a backcountry experience... You need to be a solid intermediate rider who enjoys technical challenges though... this is the case for a lot of CO riding.

PM me if you want, so we don't derail the thread.

Here's a few pics from the last day of summer... 9-20-08

See, you're killing me now... I was supposed to hike to Brainard Lake tomorrow, but with another hike planned for Sunday, I can't afford to be non-productive both days this weekend. 

That said, the hike up to King Lake was really nice last weekend, as the Aspens were turning above 10,000 ft.  I didn't get a chance to hang out long at the top or climb the last ridge, however, as the thunderstorm that showed up had other ideas.  (CO is almost always the leading state for lightening deaths every year... when a storm heads your way, you'd best leave immediately, if not sooner.)

Sorry, but I'm not the best resource to suggest any trails - I've been biking the trails around my house before work for exercise, but my weekend trips have all been hiking-related this summer, so I haven't spent a great deal of time finding fun trails.  (And frankly, I start to feel the altitude pretty quickly when hiking above 11,000 ft - much less biking!)

Bigfish

« Reply #106 on: 26 Sep 2008, 09:14 pm »
See you at the bar!  :beer:

Oh Yes - See ya in the bar  :beer:

Ken

lonewolfny42

« Reply #107 on: 3 Oct 2008, 04:33 am »
And....finally......

Just ONE WEEK to go....... :hyper:

If you guys get a chance....

Check out the KR Audio room at the Hyatt (Second Floor ~ Grand Mesa C)
They make some fine tube amps...and are not well know here. :wink:

Big Red Machine

« Reply #108 on: 5 Oct 2008, 11:41 am »
Sitting here in Pune India and jealous I cannot attend this year. And mad at my boss for pleading with me to go on this boondoggle especially that he canceled his attendance last week!  I'm facilitating a battery module concept design session for med and heavy duty hybrid truck applications. 

lonewolfny42

« Reply #109 on: 5 Oct 2008, 12:50 pm »
Sitting here in Pune India and jealous I cannot attend this year. And mad at my boss for pleading with me to go on this boondoggle especially that he canceled his attendance last week!  I'm facilitating a battery module concept design session for med and heavy duty hybrid truck applications. 

Pune, India......India's "Motor City"....... :thumb:

Sorry you can't make it Pete....
anything you really wanted to check out at the show ???

mgalusha

« Reply #110 on: 5 Oct 2008, 06:04 pm »

mgalusha

« Reply #111 on: 6 Oct 2008, 08:51 pm »
Just checked the weather forecast for the weekend and they are saying rain and possibly snow showers by Sunday. If you are going to be walking between hotels be sure to bring a jacket as they are showing a high of 47* F for Sunday and dropping below freezing on Saturday.

Oct 9  Thursday
More sun than clouds. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 40s.
Oct 10  Friday
Occasional showers possible. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the mid 30s.
Oct 11  Saturday
Showers possible. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the upper 20s.
Oct 12  Sunday
Mix of rain and snow showers. Highs in the upper 40s and lows in the mid 30s.

Frank S.

« Reply #112 on: 6 Oct 2008, 08:54 pm »
Thanks Mike. I was just wondering what the weather was going to be like.  Sounds like a great weekend to be inside at an audio show!

Charles Calkins

« Reply #113 on: 6 Oct 2008, 09:33 pm »
Mike:

Not gonna rain or snow on my parade!!!!!! aa

Cheers
                Charlie

mgalusha

« Reply #114 on: 6 Oct 2008, 09:39 pm »
Not gonna rain or snow on my parade!!!!!! aa

:lol:

I surprised on one has commented on the TV spot for the show.

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
« Reply #115 on: 6 Oct 2008, 09:44 pm »
Here's hoping all AC'ers listen to Mike's modded DCX2496 at the Bolder Cable room.  Truly an outstanding piece of work.

B Cheney
Pres, VMPS Ribbon
www.vmpsaudio.com

lonewolfny42

« Reply #116 on: 6 Oct 2008, 11:46 pm »
I'm surprised on one has commented on the TV spot for the show.

Well....Mr. Golden Ear was correct....."more BASS"... :wink: :lol:

mgalusha

« Reply #117 on: 7 Oct 2008, 01:18 am »
Yes, more bass please. :D

What is sad is my typing appears to have outpaced my brain when I posted that. Missing letters, some reversed.  :nono:

stereocilia

« Reply #118 on: 8 Oct 2008, 01:18 am »
Oh yeah, RMAF TV ad - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQX6tbx-nFM

At the end of that advertisement, there were loudspeakers I didn't recognize.  Very nice looking stands.  Are palm frond fans optional?  Does anybody know which room will have these particular speakers?  Thanks.

See you there!

Captain Humble

« Reply #119 on: 9 Oct 2008, 12:22 pm »
ONE DAY TO GO !!!! :beer: