Zero

Re: January 2008 Issue
« Reply #20 on: 11 Jan 2008, 07:30 am »
It sure is a labor of love.  :lol:

Affordable$$Audio

« Reply #21 on: 12 Jan 2008, 01:27 am »
Zero's a young guy, he has the energy and the typing speed to survive.   :lol:

Stew: Thanks for your comments, hopefully that will answer some readers questions.

ToddArthur

« Reply #22 on: 13 Jan 2008, 05:11 pm »
The challenge with any review is to be fair and balanced,but  if an item doesn't represent a good value I will not review it.  The truth is that most of the items we review @ Affordable$$Audio are so much better than the mass market "Stereo" equipment available for purchase at Circuit City, Best Buy, Fryes etc., that in most cases the reader is going to be rewarded to go off the beaten path find the product to evaluate in his own system.  I can't recommend strongly enough to make sure an audio component is compatible with your existing system prior to purchase.  I once bought a pair of Proac Tablette IIIs for use in my bedroom system only to find they needed more power than 30 watts to really shine.  I never regretted the purchase because I used them as secondary speakers in my main system (they produced a great soundstage) but they were never used for what I wanted them them for in the first place.  Thanks to companies like Grant Fidelity we have more sensible choices than ever for affordable products.

iGrant

« Reply #23 on: 13 Jan 2008, 05:23 pm »
Hey, Stew has the Wendel Clark look down pat :)

oracle309

« Reply #24 on: 14 Jan 2008, 06:49 pm »
wait a bit, I'll have the Charlie Manson look down pat.

stew

iGrant

« Reply #25 on: 14 Jan 2008, 07:07 pm »
Great, Charlie Manson as a GF dealer, buy or die :)

oracle309

Charlie Manson Audio....
« Reply #26 on: 15 Jan 2008, 09:28 pm »
A gift that keeps on giving....from our family to yours..... :D

hmm "Buy or Die Audio" where the only answer is YES!

actually I'm a bit of a "ghostrider" fan and thought I'd do a morph from this photo to the flaming skull.... just haven't got around to it...

maybe I should pick an avatar that represents "Oracle309"

Ian, got a working turntable!

stew

iGrant

Re: Charlie Manson Audio....
« Reply #27 on: 15 Jan 2008, 10:04 pm »
A gift that keeps on giving....from our family to yours..... :D

hmm "Buy or Die Audio" where the only answer is YES!

actually I'm a bit of a "ghostrider" fan and thought I'd do a morph from this photo to the flaming skull.... just haven't got around to it...

maybe I should pick an avatar that represents "Oracle309"

Ian, got a working turntable!

stew

Nah, morph into a Toronto Maple Leaf Helmet, you may need the helmet in Lethbridge:), but then agian where in Alberta is Wendal from?. 'Buy or Die Audio', next year, right now I get enough of the 'sell or die' from Rachel.

It works ? !!! Stew is talking about the 'damn' GF turntable, looks nice, lots of prototypes. This one is completely opposite from our normal approach of sounds great, WAF next. I've seen some of Stew's designs, this guy lives and breathes audio and has the luck of his teenage girlfriend/wife that says go for it.

New pully or speed tweak? The speed tweak was a 2 person job, it weighs about 40 lbs and proto 1 (which is Stews now) had no access to the motor speed controls from above.

Can't wait to see and hear it on my birthday :)

oracle309

« Reply #28 on: 16 Jan 2008, 06:48 pm »
By now , Ian you've seen my email.

the morph thing is kinda cool though. Go get yourself a decent cartridge though. I put my $2.19 tonearm on the TT ands it kicks some serious a**.  The thing looks absolutely terrible but sounds great.  Hmm may have to add the morph to my avatar (oops, sorry for the hijack all)

stew