Audio Note Custom SET reference system coming soon

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Audio Note Custom SET reference system coming soon
« on: 30 Dec 2007, 11:55 pm »
 Greetings and Happy New Year to everyone.

We have been mentioning a few new developments that have been in the works for 2008. I wanted to fill you in on one of these developments now.

Our Audio Note Custom products have been a very popular product line for us over the past several months and we even have a professional review in the works for our DAC 2.1x Deluxe. Keep in mind that these products are based on those offered by Audio Note Kits in Canada. We are authorized to custom build these pieces as well as offering an assemble service for those not interested or capable of doing so themselves.

More information on all our Audio Note Custom pieces can be found on our www.bellaextreme.com website.

What we have been working on is a full, 100% Audio Note Custom reference system to be showcased in our showroom. A few details are yet to be worked out but here is a list of our intended system at this time. Every component in this system, right down to the cabling will be 100% custom built in house (except for the turntable and transport)

1) Preamp - Full custom deluxe L3 with AN Double C-Core output transformers. This piece will be tweaked a bit further than even our current offering using dual mono DACT attenuators. It will also utilize our AN Custom phono stage. I have already built a few of these preamps and the results prove it to be a no-brainer.

2) DAC - Here we will be using the DAC 2.1X Deluxe Plus which will also have a USB input. Again, we have built a few of these as well.

3) Amplification: Audio Note Custom Interstage Mono Block 300B Power Amplifiers with Double C-Core output transformers.

4) Speakers - 94 dB Custom 02 Audio Note with Black Gate bipolar capacitors. Internally wired with our new Musica Bella SG speaker cable.

5) CD Transport and Turntable: Yet to be determined but we may bring in an Audio Note finished product transport. If I don't come across another table in the next few weeks, we will bring back out our Acoustic Solid table.

6) Wiring: All interconnects will be our new Musica Bella SG series. Speaker cable will be our new Musica Bella SG 15.5 foil. Internal wiring in the L3 preamp will also be based on our SG interconnect cable.

Retail value of this system minus the turntable, CD transport and power cables is $21,150. Below is a picture showing the amps, preamp and DAC. (not our actual system).

We welcome anyone interested in auditioning this system to stop by. I will post further information as the system devlops and becomes available.

larbo53

Re: Audio Note Custom SET reference system coming soon
« Reply #1 on: 31 Dec 2007, 12:48 am »
Bill,

Do you ever take a day off?   :wink:  The system looks great.

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Good luck in 2008.  I'm sure we'll be talking.   aa

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 31 Dec 2007, 02:19 am »
Do you ever take a day off?     The system looks great.

Well, I didn't go to the shop today :D Although I did receive a few business phone calls today as I had my calls forwarded.

Lot's to do with the year coming to an end. Still have several big mods and custom builds on the bench as well as a week's worth of paperwork. At least I will be closing down at around 3PM tomorrow (New Year's Eve) but will be working New Year's day :scratch:

Happy New Year to you and your family!

To you and yours as well larbo :wine:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #3 on: 31 Dec 2007, 03:40 am »
Nice work there Bill....looks good !!! 8)

Best wishes for great 2008....hope the winter is not too bad up there... :thumb:

Lot's to do with the year coming to an end. Still have several big mods and custom builds on the bench as well as a week's worth of paperwork. At least I will be closing down at around 3PM tomorrow (New Year's Eve) but will be working New Year's day...

Well easy does it.....you wouldn't want to look like this overworked fellow... :o

........take care !!

Chris

SET Man

« Reply #4 on: 31 Dec 2007, 03:55 am »
Hey!

That's one sweet system there Bill!  :drool:

Would love to have their DAC 2.1 someday. :D And those 300B amps with those Double C-core trans look soooooo good.... they're kindna turn me on! :cool:

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #5 on: 31 Dec 2007, 04:00 am »
Well easy does it.....you wouldn't want to look like this overworked fellow

Dude, I already look like that :cry:

That's one sweet system there Bill!   

Would love to have their DAC 2.1 someday.  And those 300B amps with those Double C-core trans look soooooo good.... they're kindna turn me on!
\

Thanks SET Man,
 After building and spending some time with Davids' DAC 2.1X in conjuntion with an all out assault M3 Preamp, I knew this combination was going to have to be part of the system. I haven't yet built the 300B monos but even the triode 6550 I built recently for another customer was truly breathtaking.

I can only imagine the 300B SET's will melt the soul :drool:

Zero

« Reply #6 on: 31 Dec 2007, 04:01 am »
Makes me wish I were closer to NY. 

A number of years ago, I ran a pair of AX-TWO's (not the Signatures).  Great sounding speakers for the $$$$.