Apex III CNC flat pack cabinets with options

RAW

Apex III CNC flat pack cabinets with options
« on: 28 Dec 2007, 05:08 am »
We are happy to offer CNC machined Apex III cabinets, all the parts have been programmed in the CNC and cut for easy assembly of our largest 4 way speaker kit.Offering the flat packs with all of the angles cut,holes cut and drivers all flush mounted,terminal plates machined makes for easy contruction of such a large complex speaker.This pair of Apex III cabinets can be assembled with modest tools on a weekend.

The flat packs will be offered with all materials made from 3/4" MDF  less the front baffles and bases which are made from 1.25" MDF

Intro price $499.99 includes shipping when ordering with a Apex III speaker kit

We also have the option for other customers, you can purchase only the front 1.25" MDF baffles and all of the braces (the hardest items to machine precisely) and then you cut your own sides in order to save on shipping costs.

Intro price $399.99 includes shipping when ordering with a Apex III speaker kit

And for the pair of Apex III baffles only

Intro price $99.99 includes shipping when ordering with a Apex III speaker kit
« Last Edit: 2 Jan 2008, 06:09 am by RAW »

klh

Re: Apex III CNC flat pack cabinets with options
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2007, 06:22 pm »
What are the intor prices?

RAW

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jan 2008, 06:10 am »
 :wink:
Just put them up now.
These prices include shipping when ordering a Apex III speaker kit at the same time.
Due to weight the Flat packs will be shipped in a crate

Won

« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2008, 04:19 am »
Would it be possible to use only the pre-cut front baffle in an open baffle speaker that used the Apex drivers? Would you even consider selling/shipping just that bit?

RAW

« Reply #4 on: 19 Mar 2008, 04:22 am »
Sure.
What are you going to run open baffle the MTM or the woofers?

Won

« Reply #5 on: 20 Mar 2008, 02:52 am »
I was thinking running everything dipole, which probably means that there's some design tweaking I would have to do (understatement). At the very least, the woofers would get a dedicated amp and some eq. Hopefully the MTM could run OK with the passive network? I really have no idea. Anyway, I don't need/want crazy amounts of bass since I'll be moving into a NYC apt. As a bonus, my understanding is that dipoles are particularly neighbor-friendly. Anyway, in my case more bass could be served with a monopole sub (hmm...coffee table?) or if I have the room (haha) a pair of H-frames. I'm already thinking fairly optimistically in thinking that I'll be able to place these speakers a yard from the walls.

As far as EQ goes...of course there are a number of options. I think the initial solution will simply be software/DSP-based, since that will get me "adequate" results right out of the box, and might be used to do other things like room correction etc. Obviously, digital is no panacea, and I would probably just use software to build a simple compensation network (probably a passive network between the preamp out and woofer amp). This way, the signal processor isn't burning all its dynamic range on the woofer/dipole rolloff. There's also putting wings/sides, which will have some acoustic benefit, but not be worth the additional visual footprint.

I should add that this is really the first time I've considered trying anything like this, but I am a sort-of engineer, and not particularly afraid of the technical details. Also, part of my goal is to find a hobby and not just have a good set of speakers. I expect to tweak this thing for years.