Introducing Tim Shelton... Enclosure Master Extraordinaire

Christof

Re: Introducing Tim Shelton... Enclosure Master Extraordinaire
« Reply #20 on: 26 Dec 2007, 09:54 pm »

I would also suggest that if production isn't prepared to meet the demand, excellent marketing can actually be a negative.  I expect Mr. Shelton's presence will help in that regard, too.

As seems to be the case with Klaus at Odyssey....selling a product when demand cannot be met can most certainly be detrimental to a company.  Growing pains at their best.  A good cabinet builder/finisher is what Bob has needed for a very long time, the timing could not have been better for Mr. Shelton to step in.  Jason has done outstanding work on the cabinets thus far but it sure was a hell of a lot of work for him to handle alone....hat's off to ya, Jason :thumb:

jfreeman373

« Reply #21 on: 26 Dec 2007, 10:39 pm »
Thanks Chris!   :thankyou:

phoenix_rising

« Reply #22 on: 27 Dec 2007, 09:23 am »
Hi phoenix,

IMHO, regardless of how well a speaker performs or how much of a bargain it represents, it's easier to market if it looks good, too.  :wink:

I would also suggest that if production isn't prepared to meet the demand, excellent marketing can actually be a negative.  I expect Mr. Shelton's presence will help in that regard, too.

Hi Double,

Yes making it look good helps and in a high end product it is a given, but at the end of the day it is the features and benefits of a product that actually sell it. The looks will get a small number of people to buy. Just look at the number of bland and ugly speakers that have sold well over the years.

With regard to production that is a great position to be in, I have been in very many situations where I have sold far more than I have or could produce. That is more of a logistical problem. The object is to get the customers to hold their orders while you fill them. That also something that is fairly easily managed. Remember with planned advertising you can just throttle down a little while the back end catches up.

cheer
Phoenix