Bybee Super Effect Ultra AC Cords

Wayne1

Bybee Super Effect Ultra AC Cords
« on: 21 Dec 2007, 02:35 am »
At RMAF this year, Mike Garner lent me a pair of his Bybee Super Effect Ultra AC Cords.

I installed them in place of Bill O'Connell's Black Sands Silver Reference Power Cables.

I felt they made quite an improvement to the sound of the system. Zybar and mgalusha were in the room at the same time and also shared my opinion.

It appears we are not the only one's who like them.

Clement Perry of StereoTimes just posted a rather favorable review

StereoTimes review

It should be noted that the AC ables he compared them to, the Sunny Cables Supreme P5000 power cable, retails for $10,000.00 for a 2 meter length. The Bybee super Effect Ultra AC Cords are currently TWO 2) meter lengths for $5000.00. 1/4 of the price of the Sunny Cables.

What a bargain  :icon_lol:

To be fair, the Bybee Super Effect Ultra AC Cords should be used to finish off a system that has all the room treatments and amp/speaker upgrades possible. The last few percent of ANY hobby are always the most expensive.

Congrats to Mike on an excellent review.  :thumb:

I have been working on a BOLDER Cable version using a variation of the Nitro Plus cable and GOLD Bybee Purifiers in place of the SE Bybees. A prototype is out in the field awaiting feedback. It may not sound quite as good as what Mike has built. It will be just a smidge less expensive.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: Bybee Super Effect Ultra AC Cords
« Reply #1 on: 21 Dec 2007, 03:45 am »
Congrats Mike!   :thumb:

As one who heard what a difference the cords made in Wayne's room at RMAF, I am not surprised by the very positive review.

Now if I could only find a way to afford them...

George

cryotweaks

• Funny name. Serious audio.
    • TweekGeek.com
« Reply #2 on: 21 Dec 2007, 03:52 am »
Thanks everyone.

To be fair, the Bybee Super Effect Ultra AC Cords should be used to finish off a system that has all the room treatments and amp/speaker upgrades possible. The last few percent of ANY hobby are always the most expensive.

Very well said Wayne.

RodMCV

« Reply #3 on: 21 Dec 2007, 05:32 pm »
Thanks everyone.

Very well said Wayne.

Congrates Mr.Mike,

Those must be some cords.
Any testing of the audioeffect in a real world audio system?

Nice picture in the TAS January!

Rod

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #4 on: 21 Dec 2007, 05:36 pm »
Scott F. has a pair of them right now for eval on his system.  We got to listen a little the other night at the GAS bash before all the weather drama started.  Didn't really have a long time to make detailed comparisons but there was a defnite difference. 

I'm sure Scott will be posting his impressions in the next couple of weeks.  I also left my Nirvanna with him to compare to the Rev IV Ultimate since I'll be buried in work and on the road and he has 2 weeks off.  Nice of him to break it in for me.  :thumb:

Bryan