WTB---- BIG-CLEAN--SS AMP

2bigears

Re: WTB---- BIG-CLEAN--SS AMP
« Reply #20 on: 10 Dec 2007, 08:26 am »
 :D Chris,that's the thing.....BAT don't mean jack to me.Just like Zu,i was going by what i read.I don't want to repeat.. thks  bud   :D

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #21 on: 10 Dec 2007, 08:30 am »
:D Chris,that's the thing.....BAT don't mean jack to me.Just like Zu,i was going by what i read.I don't want to repeat.. thks  bud   :D
You gotta get out more Pat..... :lol:

Just kidding....

It will work for you. Punch, dynamics is what you need with the SP Tech's....the BAT will do this....and sound good. :thumb:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #22 on: 10 Dec 2007, 12:10 pm »
:D Chris,as Frank recommended.Asked for serial #'s. feed=back is good..Is this amp the stuff
????  :D
One of the best out there now..... :thumb:

I would agree with that..............

As would I...

If I didn't want to go back to tubes I never would have sold the BAT.

George

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #23 on: 11 Dec 2007, 12:13 am »
i bought a tuna from johnny boey, the deal went perfectly...

re: s/s amps, while i certainly prefer tubes, if i were wanting a mondo s/s amp, i would wait for a nice used electrocompaniet amp.  do some research on 'em...  plenty of power (depending on which model you choose), amazing current ratings for the power, stable to <1 ohm, extremely smooth sound, but still all the detail you could ever ask for....

doug s.

AB

« Reply #24 on: 11 Dec 2007, 01:32 am »
If you are interested in a BAT 600SE, call Kevin at Upscale Audio.
He is one of BAT's biggest dealers and he will have a line on a unit. Plus, he is a no monkey business guy.

lazydays

« Reply #25 on: 12 Dec 2007, 08:17 pm »
that's almost a no brainer! Give Klaus Bunge a call tonight (after 5:00pm @ 317-299-5578). You can buy two Odyssey mono SE's for about $3,000 delivered with a 20 year warranty and enough power to arc weld with them. These amps are extremely stable all the way down to one Ohm. And at one Ohm running at 90% power it puts out 1,000 watts continiously. They are big and a little heavy, so you'll need good amp stands. You could probably get them before Christmass.
gary

TomS

« Reply #26 on: 12 Dec 2007, 08:32 pm »
Pat,

Others who have heard it strongly recommended the Spectron III SE with the Revelations.  Might want to take a look at those too though not a lot of used bargains out there at the moment.  If you can find the earlier version I think they upgrade them for about $1300 or so which is a good deal if you can buy one right.  Good luck!

Tom

tdangelo

« Reply #27 on: 14 Dec 2007, 12:02 am »
I bet this would sound pretty sweet and have plenty of power..........

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampstran&1201131227

hmmm... very tempting.  I sent the guy an email and am waiting for a response ;)  My 100wpc amps are awesome but I still wonder how more power would sound like - never tried it with my current speakers ;)

Tony

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #28 on: 14 Dec 2007, 12:37 am »

hmmm... very tempting.  I sent the guy an email and am waiting for a response ;)  My 100wpc amps are awesome but I still wonder how more power would sound like - never tried it with my current speakers ;)

Tony

I have heard the 5A's with the McCormack DNA-500 and while it was an excellent combination, I think a really good tube amp can sound even better.

George

tdangelo

« Reply #29 on: 14 Dec 2007, 12:42 am »

Tony

I have heard the 5A's with the McCormack DNA-500 and while it was an excellent combination, I think a really good tube amp can sound even better.

George

man... I've been listening since 3:30pm Eastern and think your right George!  Granted I've had a few shots ov Blantons, hehehe.. I've been listening to Michel Camilo, some Kasey Chambers etc... It's unbelievable ;)  Since I switched to balanced and got your favorite dac its such an emotions experience ;) I feel like I'm in a bubble floating infront of the music  aa aa aa

RodMCV

« Reply #30 on: 14 Dec 2007, 03:04 am »
:D got 3 or so weeks to scoop an amp,anyone with a large power,top line ss amp for sale,please drop a line,thks  .... Pat  :D
How about the gamut amp on agon for about 3k?

saisunil

« Reply #31 on: 14 Dec 2007, 03:14 am »
:D got 3 or so weeks to scoop an amp,anyone with a large power,top line ss amp for sale,please drop a line,thks  .... Pat  :D

Tube Research Labs now makes a solid state amp for $4000 (sold direct) that beats their own tube amps that went for $25,000+
I own it and it is not for sale :)

Good Luck

PS: The president of NY audio society has a NOS amp (forget the brand) that has some power - that will be below $1000.

2bigears

« Reply #32 on: 14 Dec 2007, 03:24 am »
 :D  DNA-500 comin' up to Canada for a listen,should work !! Merry X-Mass to all.  thks  Pat  :D

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #33 on: 14 Dec 2007, 03:28 am »
:D  DNA-500 comin' up to Canada for a listen,should work !! Merry X-Mass to all.  thks  Pat  :D
Nice Pat.....good luck !! :thumb:

TomS

« Reply #34 on: 14 Dec 2007, 03:29 am »
You'll like that one Pat.   :thumb: Very nice sounding amp and built like a tank. Let us know what you think about it.

Tom

2bigears

« Reply #35 on: 14 Dec 2007, 04:31 am »
:D  two amp decision, big BAT-600 or the DNA-500.The BAT comes in at 7500 used while the DNA is 1/2 that.Easy choice in my little world.... thks and Happy-Happy all.... :D

pis99

« Reply #36 on: 14 Dec 2007, 08:47 am »
The sound is quite good for the DNA-500 with all the 13 fuses replaced with HiFi-Turning silver fuses. But you have to wait for 200 hours for the HIFI fuses really burn in.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #37 on: 14 Dec 2007, 01:57 pm »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

doug s.
The sound is quite good for the DNA-500 with all the 13 fuses replaced with HiFi-Turning silver fuses. But you have to wait for 200 hours for the HIFI fuses really burn in.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #38 on: 14 Dec 2007, 03:11 pm »
:D  two amp decision, big BAT-600 or the DNA-500.The BAT comes in at 7500 used while the DNA is 1/2 that.Easy choice in my little world.... thks and Happy-Happy all.... :D

If money was no object, I would take the BAT VK-600SE.

For the money (especially at a used price), the DNA-500 is an excellent value and performer.

George

2bigears

« Reply #39 on: 14 Dec 2007, 03:18 pm »
 :D  George,thks for that,the big bad BAT at twice the cost was very tempting indeed,but reality hit as i just bought the Revs,Santa's cash bag is running on 'C' for credit.Maybe down the road when the BAT's price lowers a bit.Hoping Steve McCormick's work sounds ok....thks  Pat