Custom "smokey silver" SongTower QWT's

jsalk

Re: Custom "smokey silver" SongTower QWT's
« Reply #20 on: 13 Dec 2007, 11:39 am »
Woodsea -

Jim, you must have something else in mind to have let these go already!?

Well, to be honest, it caught me a little off guard.  I don't know what I will do for my next pair yet.  Fortunately, I just placed the largest veneer order I have placed to date and it should arrive in the next couple of days.  This order will have many kinds of veneers I have neve used before.  So I'll just have to see what might work out. 

- Jim

TomS

« Reply #21 on: 13 Dec 2007, 12:03 pm »
It seems the shoemaker makes such nice shoes all the time, everyone wants them and his own kids never seem to get any.  Oh well, it's still making a lot of people very happy.  Beautiful work Jim!   :thumb:

KevinK

« Reply #22 on: 14 Dec 2007, 02:15 pm »
I had built a pair of special rosewood SongTower QWT's for the Rocky Mountain Audiofest.  These were my personal pair.  But as with most speakers I build for myself, someone eventually wants them and this was recently the case with the RMAF pair. ...

OK, I'll admit it was me :)

Jim, the Rosewood QWT's are beautiful, you packed them so carefully for shipping that it took me at least 10 minutes just to open (or more like dissect) each one.   :thumb: 
The sound is fantastic.  Open, seamless sound stage, and very, very good bass extension. 
I will post more observations and perhaps a photo or two when I get more time.  The speakers arrived Monday just after I caught a flight for New Jersey.  I returned home last night to the boxes waiting for me in the foyer.  All in all, superb speakers and a superb purchasing experience.  Thank you.

Kevin

JoshK

« Reply #23 on: 14 Dec 2007, 03:30 pm »
Jim.

I've seen you do a lot of beautiful speakers but those are unlike anything I've ever seen.  They're simply stunning.  What a gorgeous finish.  You could probably just rent those out for photoshoots.

Bryan

They reminded me of these:

From this thread:   http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=32977.0

These are still my all time favorites.  I've never tire of looking at those.  Gives me something to aspire too also. 

TomS

« Reply #24 on: 14 Dec 2007, 03:41 pm »
The "burst" on those just makes me think musical instruments, as in guitar, violin, etc.  Very unique!

jcpix

« Reply #25 on: 19 Dec 2007, 05:22 am »

The "smokey silver's" have arrived at their new home and they look great.  I still need to set them up, but will report on the sound as soon as I can.  Thanks Jim.    :)