Do you print your photos?

drphoto

Re: Do you print your photos?
« Reply #20 on: 27 Dec 2007, 07:26 pm »
Thanks BradJudy for that link. Says either RA4 (conventional color paper) or offset.

I did a pic of my girlfriend's kids for her Xmas card. When I got it in the mail, I thought it printed too light, and my first thought was "Hmmm..bet they use sRGB profile". I use "Adobe RGB" because I'm usually shooting for commercial offset litho

and according to the info on the link, yep.....sRGB. I guess that's because it's the default for consumer cameras.

craig223

Re: Do you print your photos?
« Reply #21 on: 27 Dec 2007, 07:52 pm »
We rarely print any photos since we went totally digital.  While out-and-about over the holidays, couldn't help but notice all of the digital photo frames that are out now.  They are still expensive, about where digital cameras were 10 years ago on the technology curve.

My prediction:  In 10 years, paper prints will be as "old school" as film today.  You will be able to get your picture frame with different "skins" to match your decor.  They will have motion sensors to cut them off when no one is looking.  And they will sell everywhere for less than $50.00.

Just wish there was a cheap scanning service for all of those boxes of negatives and slides.

Craig