December Only Subwoofer + Amp Special Don't miss it!

Kevin Haskins

This special is limited by my amplifier supplier who is running the limited time sale.   It ends at the end of this year so don't dilly-dally.   If I run out of drivers, the sale is ended immediately.   

Buy ANY Exodus Subwoofer Package and receive a full-blown pro-audio amplifier at really super duper wonderful feel good price.     

Our subs are the best value on the planet and these amplifiers are top-notch in quality and performance.   If you have the itch to build a sub, there is NOT a better time than now and once my current inventory of drivers are gone, the sale is done.

Amplifiers have full 5 year warranty.   These are designed bullet-proof for continuous pro-audio applications.

AudioCircle Members only.... call me to place the order.

Amplifier Details:

www.faceaudio.com

Better yet... PM me through the AudioCircle with your billing & shipping address and the package you want.   
« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2007, 01:24 am by Kevin Haskins »

Larry McConville

Re: December Only Subwoofer + Amp Special Don't miss it!
« Reply #1 on: 4 Dec 2007, 09:50 pm »
Hi Kevin,

These packages look great; really making it tough for a guy holding out for the 18"!
Have a great week; hmm, I should probably go bump the 18" thread:-)

Larry

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #2 on: 7 Dec 2007, 01:30 am »
Here is a quick FR of the amp.    Your new sub won't be FR limited by the amp.   :thumb:

klh

« Reply #3 on: 7 Dec 2007, 02:00 am »
Nice :D... you're going to have some happy IB guys!

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #4 on: 7 Dec 2007, 03:04 am »
Nice :D... you're going to have some happy IB guys!

Your question about fan noise, they have a little.   I can hear it at my seating position between songs with the amplifier next to the loudspeakers (about 8ft away).   I'd say for some people its going to be a non-issue.   My laptop is much louder and if you have a projector, or television they all have some ambient noise level.    Obviously if your mounting the amp in a closet or enclosed space its a non-issue but for some people, who need absolutely silent operation these are not going to work unless you take some steps to mount them in the appropriate location.

I'd offer the return for fan-noise but the reality is the shipping is going to be around $100 round trip.    I'll try one of the fan mods to see if I can get these to inaudible operation levels.

Larry McConville

« Reply #5 on: 11 Dec 2007, 12:07 am »
Good work Kevin, these look great!

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #6 on: 11 Dec 2007, 01:18 am »
Ok.... I'm catching some grief for my listed pricing.    The special is still in effect, you just need to email me for "The Best Price".   

Larry McConville

« Reply #7 on: 11 Dec 2007, 05:24 am »
Kevin,

Which amp would you suggest to drive a pair of your 18's in LLT (~18ft^3 - 20ft^3ea.) configurations?

I'd like to nab an amp while the discount is in effect; although, I'm still thinking through 4 X Tempest or 2 X 18.

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #8 on: 11 Dec 2007, 06:34 am »
Kevin,

Which amp would you suggest to drive a pair of your 18's in LLT (~18ft^3 - 20ft^3ea.) configurations?

I'd like to nab an amp while the discount is in effect; although, I'm still thinking through 4 X Tempest or 2 X 18.

Get the big boy, its not much more money and for a pair of Maelstrom-Xs (the new name for the XJ-18) you need every bit of power you can get.   I'll have some updated parameters this week. 

For the current target parameters I'd aim more for 12-14 cubic feet tuned to about 15hz with a flared 8" port.   You probably can get by with a 8" flared port, a 10" unit gives you a little less compresion but it gets long and you start to get port resonance issues down into the subs bandwidth.   With two of these in a room I doubt if you will push them into a chuffing situation.  Even at full power most content @ 15Hz is 12-14db down and the only way your going to get the 8" flared port to chuff is at the very limits.   I don't think you could be in the room without throwing up at that point.   Depending on your room, you could see 123-125db @ 15Hz so the house would be quaking.   You won't notice the chuffing, everything in the house will be rattling/shaking, the dogs howling and the wife will definitely be disturbed.   A little port chuffing will be the least of your concerns. 

Larry McConville

« Reply #9 on: 11 Dec 2007, 01:56 pm »
I was hoping your response would come in as such; I'll shoot you an email/pm on the side for pricing/availability.

Larry

EvilYoda

« Reply #10 on: 14 Dec 2007, 07:18 am »
I don't know where your pricing stands now, but I remember the listed ones...WOW what a deal.  I have a Velodyne DD-12 and I almost impulse bought a set the day I saw the original post!  I'm trying to push my friend to buy something, but he's in a small apartment in Chicago and blah blah blah.

Congrats to the people who do buy a set though  :D

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #11 on: 14 Dec 2007, 06:49 pm »
I don't know where your pricing stands now, but I remember the listed ones...WOW what a deal.  I have a Velodyne DD-12 and I almost impulse bought a set the day I saw the original post!  I'm trying to push my friend to buy something, but he's in a small apartment in Chicago and blah blah blah.

Congrats to the people who do buy a set though  :D

Pricing is the same, I'm just not supposed to list it on the web site.