Beet This....

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Beet This....
« on: 30 Nov 2007, 05:10 am »
Something I heard on the news today....its going to be used in NYC next....this winter in fact.
Beet Juice...... :o

Wind Chaser

Re: Beet This....
« Reply #1 on: 30 Nov 2007, 05:28 am »
Years ago I read an article in a health magazine about man who wasn't feeling well and went in to see his doctor who said he had cancer in his colon and gave him 6 months to live.  The sick man determined to live and consumed nothing but beet juice for the next 6 months.  At the end of the 6 month term he went in to see his doctor who was quite surprised to see him standing apparently in good health.  Upon examination, there wasn't a trace of cancer to be found.

My own experience with beet juice is it's nasty.  It leaves a dirty after taste in your throat, cramps the intestines and makes you shit like there's no tomorrow (I'll spare the details). There isn't a laxative or enema that can compete.  I get the willies just thinking about it.

Which reminds me, anyone looking for a good juicer?

John

lonewolfny42

« Reply #2 on: 30 Nov 2007, 05:43 am »
Years ago I read an article in a health magazine about man who wasn't feeling well and went in to see his doctor who said he had cancer in his colon and gave him 6 months to live.  The sick man determined to live and consumed nothing but beet juice for the next 6 months.  At the end of the 6 month term he went in to see his doctor who was quite surprised to see him standing apparently in good health.  Upon examination, there wasn't a trace of cancer to be found.

My own experience with beet juice is it's nasty.  It leaves a dirty after taste in your throat, cramps the intestines and makes you shit like there's no tomorrow (I'll spare the details). There isn't a laxative or enema that can compete.  I get the willies just thinking about it.

John
......... WOW...:o

Just remember....don't eat yellow snow....and now.... (brown) beet snow.... :lol:

Tweaker

« Reply #3 on: 30 Nov 2007, 05:55 am »
 Beet juice has always been one of the stars of any sort of vegetable juice therapy, along with carrot and celery. You never want to drink it without mixing with another juice, usually carrot, to soften the blow.
I had an uncle get tremendous relief from an unbelievably bad and crippling case of rheumatiod arthritis by drinking mix of carrot, beet, and celery juice every day. It didn't cure him by any stretch but it sure gave him far greater mobility.

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
« Reply #4 on: 1 Dec 2007, 05:17 pm »

John

It's your fault it is!!!Now the neighbours know I'm a loonie!!!
 :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow! Now I'll live at least 5 years longer!!! Woho!

Imperial

MaxCast

« Reply #5 on: 1 Dec 2007, 10:20 pm »

John

:rotflmao:

TheChairGuy

« Reply #6 on: 2 Dec 2007, 02:44 pm »
Beet, celery, kale, sometimes cilantro, parsley, mint, too in a smoothie (with Oat or Help milk) every morning for me for many months now....and I have never felt more sprightly.

My schmeckel is acting half it's 44 y.o. age  :wink:  :lol:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #7 on: 2 Dec 2007, 02:51 pm »

My schmeckel is acting half it's 44 y.o. age  :wink:  :lol:

Really....... :o....have you tried to "longhorn" it ?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: