Emerald XLs for classical or for acoustic jazz?

quartet

Emerald XLs for classical or for acoustic jazz?
« on: 18 Nov 2007, 06:31 pm »
Is anybody using their Emerald XLs to listen to classical music (especially chamber and orchestral) or small group acoustic jazz? Would you please try to describe what you're hearing and how satisfied you are? If you'd describe the rest of your setup that would help too.

griller

Re: Emerald XLs for classical or for acoustic jazz?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2007, 05:50 pm »
Classical music sounds great on my Emerald XLs. They do a great job with all kinds of music. I wrote a review on them and hope to some day add to it when time allows. They are extremely natural sounding. I've listened to a lot of different speakers many of which cost a lot more and are bigger, but these are at the top of the list for sound quality.

griller

« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2007, 02:27 pm »
Check out DRs comments on classical Piano on the XLs

DR

• The Man
« Reply #3 on: 21 Nov 2007, 11:38 pm »
Can't stay logged on very long tonight but I will go out on a limb and say classical and acoustic jazz is where the Emerald XL's excel. I listen to alot of violin and piano sonata's, and classic era jazz. Piano will need a little help from the Force XL however.

A couple of things I have noticed is how real acoustically recorded cymbals and snares sound (jazz). Once again piano is unbelievable. Violins are well represented, Cello's appreciate the Force also.

DR   

quartet

« Reply #4 on: 25 Nov 2007, 06:29 pm »
DR and griller,

Many thanks for your very helpful comments!