Shiva-X Application Sheets

Kevin Haskins

Shiva-X Application Sheets
« on: 14 Nov 2007, 04:31 am »
I've created an Application Sheet for the Shiva-X showing our recommended designs.   

http://www.diycable.com/main/pdf/shiva.pdf

I intend to build on this over time.  For one, I'll have some Passive Radiator designs once we get our Exouds 15" Passive Radiator in stock.   

ultraman

Re: Shiva-X Application Sheets
« Reply #1 on: 14 Nov 2007, 01:26 pm »
Great!  Thanks for the extra details.  Any chance you could give us a sneak peek at the Exodus PR stats?  Also, how late in QTR 1 of '08 do you expect to have them?
I have a 3 cu ft box that was originally built for a Shiva 'classic' and Adire's PR15, and am looking forward to dropping a Shiva-X in it, now that I know that it will fit. (Thanks for the advice, Ken).  I was going to go for a Dayton PR from P.E., and may still have to, because I really don't want to wait until March or so. 

Kevin Haskins

Re: Shiva-X Application Sheets
« Reply #2 on: 14 Nov 2007, 03:58 pm »
Great!  Thanks for the extra details.  Any chance you could give us a sneak peek at the Exodus PR stats?  Also, how late in QTR 1 of '08 do you expect to have them?
I have a 3 cu ft box that was originally built for a Shiva 'classic' and Adire's PR15, and am looking forward to dropping a Shiva-X in it, now that I know that it will fit. (Thanks for the advice, Ken).  I was going to go for a Dayton PR from P.E., and may still have to, because I really don't want to wait until March or so. 

Go for the Dayton 15" PR.   It will work with the amount of power your going to use.    You will want to add about 1100g of mass to them to tune it low enough.   

Our PRs will be better in terms of more linear throw and have a cast basket so they use the same cut-out as the Shiva-X driver.    They should cost less too but not enough to justify waiting.