Wind Storm Fun

Kevin Haskins

Wind Storm Fun
« on: 13 Nov 2007, 01:07 am »
Hey.... I spent Veterans day cleaning up the homestead from a voracious wind storm.   I'm a little behind the curve but should be back in action tomorrow.    Don't panic if I've not answered your email or returned your call.   We didn't have power most of the day.

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
Re: Wind Storm Fun
« Reply #1 on: 13 Nov 2007, 01:19 am »
yep Every once in a while nature just seems to up and take a good ol dump right on ya

Friday night there was enough snow flurries where i work in Pa to have a snow ball fight. At least it was not cold enough for the roads to freeze up.

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #2 on: 14 Nov 2007, 04:44 am »
yep Every once in a while nature just seems to up and take a good ol dump right on ya

Friday night there was enough snow flurries where i work in Pa to have a snow ball fight. At least it was not cold enough for the roads to freeze up.

She has wumped on us twice in the last year.   My house is relatively undamaged.   My in-laws across the street lost their roof and since they are in Alaska, I'm running around trying to get things done for them.

The News Crew where outside my neighbors house filming for the nightly news.  His place got clobbered and made for good nightly news pictures. 

JohnR

« Reply #3 on: 14 Nov 2007, 10:14 am »
Glad to hear you (and your house) are OK.

If this keeps up the popularity of underground houses may increase significantly.

And just think of the advantages for subwoofer installs ;)

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #4 on: 14 Nov 2007, 04:12 pm »
The ridge line above us is Hurricane Ridge and its aptly named.   I think the most appropriate structure would have been a concrete bunker.

Our neighbor with a weather station had his wind meter hit 112mph and then it broke.    He lost most of his roof and had a tree land on his garage.   

Our biggest damage at this point is that a tree fell just in front of our van and scratched the hood, we lost one of the dog bowls from the front porch and a garbage can lid.    We lost a bunch of trees, some of them snapped in half and other just ripped up by the roots.    One tree is big enough that the root wad is over 15ft tall.   I can park my truck under it. 

My poor in-laws are not as fortunate.   They lost their roof and have a lot of water damage in the house.   Its a mess....

klh

« Reply #5 on: 15 Nov 2007, 06:44 pm »
wow  :o