Song Audio Demonstration

Spirit

• Facilitator
Song Audio Demonstration
« on: 13 Nov 2007, 01:02 am »
A member of TAAS, Song Kim, invited me over to his house/showroom this afternoon to hear a demonstarion of his Single Triode 4 watt amp mated with his newest invention - a prototype of a new speaker that Song has developed. This speaker has been under development for 2 years!   The enclosure is a solidly built wood box which contains a very sweet-sounding tweeter and a 10" woofer.  The beauty of his design is the Xover!! There is simply a capacitor between the 2 drivers - giving the listener the beauty of a single driver type of design, but with the advantage of extended bass.
Result:  Extremely musical, seemless, and lightening speed.
Anyone contemplating a new speaker purchase would be advised to contact Song @ www.songaudio.com
« Last Edit: 13 Nov 2007, 02:04 am by Spirit »

shh1234

Re: Song Audio Demonstration
« Reply #1 on: 25 Nov 2007, 03:46 pm »
I heard these loudspeakers in prototype form about 8 months ago and they sound great even then.

Song demoed some of his products at the last TAAS meeting, however because the acoustics in the meeting room was so bad, the demonstration did not give an indication of how good his equipment can actually sound.

Hopefully we can tame the acoustics of the meeting room for future meetings. I have a large set of acoustic panels that I would be willing to donate for the cause.

songaudio

Re: Song Audio Demonstration
« Reply #2 on: 26 Nov 2007, 04:36 pm »
Dear All,

As yet, Sam remains the only person from the public to hear this prototype loudspeaker.  We did not want to show this prototype until we were happy with the result of achieving our goal.  In the photo below, our prototype is the outer pair of loudspeakers mounted on stands.

Our SA-34 SB Cecilia Edition with the right loudspeakers will provide the means of achieving one's personal taste of musical preference, whatever it may be (except possibly heavy rock), by means of using the right interconnects and loudspeaker cables as well as a dedicated power cord (which is included in the purchase price of SA-34 SB).  Conventional loudspeakers with 89dB+ sensitivity would provide loud enough volume and dynamics but not to the level of our more efficient prototype.http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=1119&pos=4

Should there be any public interest, I can arrange a small group demonstration with 2-3 days advance notice.  Those interested could send their e-mail to songkim@songaudio.com (Tel. 416-737-1965).

Best regards,
Song KIM
« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2007, 08:13 am by songaudio »