Done to the Nines....

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
Re: Done to the Nines....
« Reply #80 on: 2 Dec 2007, 03:30 am »
Come on down Tom.

It'd be great to meet you, Art, & George at the same time.

This way, it saves me money from flying to 3 different places. ;) :)

TomS

« Reply #81 on: 2 Dec 2007, 03:40 am »
I dunno, I'm already leaving on the 21st for two weeks off in someplace much warmer...

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #82 on: 2 Dec 2007, 03:57 am »
Lucky YOU. :)

Also, I think December might be too soon since Art needs a few weeks to break those babies in good anyway.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #83 on: 2 Dec 2007, 05:06 am »
Art....

What are you hearing different compared to the LS6's that you had ?

And....for those heading to Art's place....your in for a real listening treat....that's a great room...lots of work went into it...and Art's system sounded excellent. 8)

Happy listening..... :dance:

Chris

arthurs

« Reply #84 on: 2 Dec 2007, 11:50 pm »
Hi Chris, thanks for the kind words about my room and system....

I still have a long road of burn in on these, I'll post some coherent thoughts in the coming weeks....fair?...

Now get down here for the famous Lonewolf leaning shot !   :thumb:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #85 on: 2 Dec 2007, 11:57 pm »
Thanks Art.... :thumb:

Now get down here for the famous Lonewolf leaning shot !

Having a hard time fitting this in my suitcase...... :lol:

Enjoy........... :beer:

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #86 on: 3 Dec 2007, 12:25 am »
Now get down here for the famous Lonewolf leaning shot !   :thumb:

Absolutely!  :P

That would be the coolest!   :thumb:

Cheers

JAMn Joe

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.jamnaudio.com
« Reply #87 on: 4 Dec 2007, 02:40 am »
The new web-page for the Custom Line Source-9 (CLS-9) is now active:

http://www.jamnaudio.com/customls-9.html

Please check our web-site periodically for updates and announcements.

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
Re: Done to the Nines....New Update
« Reply #88 on: 28 May 2009, 01:13 am »
Very briefly, I wanted to put out the word for all those waiting on our custom LS-9's that we will be pulling out all the stops, very shortly, and getting the remainder of the initial group buy of CLS-9's, and other custom builds into finishing.

I've recently hired 2 full time cabinet makers, both with experience as CNC toolsetters, and one, an experienced spray finisher.

A number of other exciting changes have taken place that will greatly reduce lead times, and still have our finish and build quality second to virtually none. I'll elaborate on the changes that have taken place in the next few days, as some of the details are still being firmed up.

I also have, up for grabs, a pair of our CLS-9's available for purchase. I was considering keeping this pair for myself, but have decided to offer them up for grabs instead. They will only be completed after the previously ordered run is done.

Due to a couple of factors, the price will be higher than the initial run. The price for this pair will be between $7500.00 to $8000.00 U.S. depending on veneer and a few other options. The internal crossover will be the standard GR Research crossover with all parts point to point wired with GR Research's own brand of solid copper wire.

This price includes the X bases with spiked feet, and packed in heavy duty styrofoam lined shipping crates.

If one wants the Bella Extreme custom voiced crossover, we can offer that option as well, for an upcharge.

We will also continue offering the CLS-9 in the future.

Cheers

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #89 on: 28 May 2009, 07:22 pm »
Oh for the sweet love, you're back!! I knew it, come on Denny, I'm rootin for ya.  :thumb: :drool:

arthurs

« Reply #90 on: 28 May 2009, 07:47 pm »
Great post Denny, good to see ya back around!   :thumb:

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #91 on: 29 May 2009, 02:02 am »
Oh for the sweet love, you're back!! I knew it, come on Denny, I'm rootin for ya.  :thumb: :drool:

I missed you too, dude. I'll be soon sourcing veneer for your pair which are in sub assembly, John. I'm anxious to get some pics posted again. Yours are right after the second pair.

I was so pleased with the veneer and color of Art's pair. The second pair feature an amazing beeswing eucalyptus veneer that I had stashed for my own personal use. The figure on these is obscene. I was given free reign on the color, and ran a ton of stain samples to get the color just right. I'll be sad to see these go.

Great post Denny, good to see ya back around!
Thanks, Art. I had to make some serious changes and align myself for some new directions with my business. We're heading in a direction that I've been driving for since I started. It'll be for the best, and will dovetail nicely with the audio related projects that we've gained a lot of experience in. I'm quite excited. Even after 16 years, I'm still pumped about work!

I'll update everyone when, and as the details unfold.

I can only imagine what the 9's sound like hooked up to a pair of VAC's in your room.  :o

It must be something in the water down there in Texas... 8)

Cheers

arthurs

« Reply #92 on: 29 May 2009, 02:38 am »

I can only imagine what the 9's sound like hooked up to a pair of VAC's in your room.  :o

It must be something in the water down there in Texas... 8)

Cheers

Ahhh, sounds like crap man!   :wink: :green:

Give me a shout this weekend and let's catch up.  PM me if you've can't find my number....

Peace,

Art

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #93 on: 29 May 2009, 01:58 pm »
Ahhh, sounds like crap man!
I've seen your room. You need to get some of those little cup thingy room treatments going. Fix you right up.... :?

I'll try and buzz you over the weekend.

Cheers

pbrstreetgang

« Reply #94 on: 29 May 2009, 10:33 pm »
This is great news, I have been uninterested in my system for some time now, this got my juices flowing again!

Christof

« Reply #95 on: 30 May 2009, 04:09 am »
....Even after 16 years, I'm still pumped about work!

Right on, Denny  :thumb:

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #96 on: 30 May 2009, 03:18 pm »
I don't have to tell you, Christof.

I'd be preachin' to the converted.... 8)

Cheers

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #97 on: 4 Jun 2009, 11:00 pm »
This is great news, I have been uninterested in my system for some time now, this got my juices flowing again!

Same here David, I'm sportin a little wood again!! :thumb:

Hey Denny, did anyone pick up your LS-9's that you're selling?

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #98 on: 15 Jun 2009, 05:11 pm »
I don't mean to be a pest Denny but now you've got me excited about audio again, any updates for us?  :drool:

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #99 on: 18 Jun 2009, 02:48 am »
I don't mean to be a pest Denny but now you've got me excited about audio again, any updates for us?  :drool:
Hey guys, sorry don't mean to pop back in the GR circle and then disappear, but there's a ton of things going on that have me running absolutely mad.

Some big changes are coming about business wise. I've already told you about adding some full time guys. I'm also adding a full time office administrator. I had been trying to work out a deal with someone I knew that was semi-retired that came from a tier1 automotive background, but decided it wasn't good fit. So had to go to a back up plan to someone who I've known for years, with an excellent track record. I hired her last week and have been working on exactly what her roles will be.

I'm also in the midst of incorporating and splitting the company in 4 divisions. 2 of them will be partnerships. One will be an audio company. I won't elaborate more than that for the moment, but it will be a serious endeavour...It's all quite complicated...but something I had to do. I couldn't keep trying to do business the way I was doing it in the past. A good friend of mine is repaying me for a number of favors I've done over the years for him, by helping me structure up the new business. He will also have a vested interest.

I'm also looking at the potential for adding a second CNC machine, and possibly expanding into a new location as well.

A number of events and opportunities came about that have enabled all this, and made it possible to put me in a position to expand despite an uncertain economy.

So that's the big picture....

I don't have absolute projections on completion dates just yet, as everyday there is one thing or another that crops up, but, my personal work load will be lowered tremendously very shortly, enabling me to finish off everyone's current orders, and enable us to take new orders.

We will continue offering production runs of the CLS-9's, as well as adding CLS-6's.

We will also offer flat pack kits for both the LS-9 and LS-6.

Now that I've done so many of the GR kits, I'll sit down and re-price all the kits I have written machining programs for, and now that I have full time tool setters, I'll be working on a JIT type stocking/shipping of kits. I will be stocking kits in the future, and stocking several turnkey versions of products from GR Research.

I have been innundated with shipping companies soliciting me wanting "south of the border" runs, which is great news for the DIY'ers in the U.S.

BTW, that pair of CLS-9's is still up for grabs.

Tell a friend. Show 'em the pictures, tell 'em what you've heard about how these babies smoke.....

Cheers